News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Has this car been discussed here yet?

Started by owenkelley, August 15, 2021, 09:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Hi Owen,

I don't recall seeing this car discussed before. It is a resto-mod clone. Not sure there's much to discuss here. Are you interested in this car?

Cory

rhjanes

This is an interesting comment on the listing......
****I was told that almost all 1965 K Code Fastbacks that were Wimbledon White on black were scheduled to become SFM Registry Shelby cars, however, it appears that this one did not make the trip to the Shelby American facility for the final Carroll blessing.*****

OK...... ;)

From the photo's it appears to be a nice car.  But they also state about all the sheet metal was replaced.
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

Bob Gaines

Quote from: rhjanes on August 15, 2021, 10:13:37 PM
This is an interesting comment on the listing......
****I was told that almost all 1965 K Code Fastbacks that were Wimbledon White on black were scheduled to become SFM Registry Shelby cars, however, it appears that this one did not make the trip to the Shelby American facility for the final Carroll blessing.*****

OK...... ;)

From the photo's it appears to be a nice car.  But they also state about all the sheet metal was replaced.  No interior photo's.
" almost all 1965 K Code Fastbacks that were Wimbledon White on black were scheduled to become SFM Registry Shelby cars"  is a BS made up comment with no back up documentation to support the notion.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

owenkelley

Not interested in the car, but he describes it as a '65 Shelby GT350, I didn't see anywhere in the listing where he identifies it as a clone. It obviously is to those of us here, but somebody who's not as familiar with Shelby's may fall for his questionable statements. It's still a rare car, being a K-code, but it's not what he describes it as.

Clean GA title in hand
  Titled as a
"Shelby GT350"
on the Georgia Title,
It is a non-list in registry car

Title and reman SFM ID plate, Shelby GT350 Owner's manual, will all go with the car

camp upshur

If you're gonna forge a VIN restamp it's best to obtain a stamp set with the same font as Ford used, and then to rack it with the correct interval.

427hunter

You guys should take a long look at the vin stamp font and compare it to a 65 SJ stamp; I especially like the open top number 4  ::).

Marti door tag, wrong font stamp vin - a disaster in the making.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

J_Speegle

Quote from: owenkelley on August 16, 2021, 01:21:37 AM
Not interested in the car, but he describes it as a '65 Shelby GT350, I didn't see anywhere in the listing where he identifies it as a clone. It obviously is to those of us here, but somebody who's not as familiar with Shelby's may fall for his questionable statements. It's still a rare car, being a K-code, but it's not what he describes it as.

We're going to know if there is an original K code or even San Jose body hiding in there somewhere based on what we're seeing in the few views of the car
Think your just going by the sellers claims, the VIN and the door tag  ::)

If anyone cares the missing numbers from the VIN stamped on the inner fender are 156
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbydoug

Quote from: J_Speegle on August 16, 2021, 04:08:56 AM
Quote from: owenkelley on August 16, 2021, 01:21:37 AM

We're going to know if there is an original K code or even San Jose body hiding in there somewhere based on what we're seeing in the few views of the car
Think your just going by the sellers claims, the VIN and the door tag  ::)

If anyone cares the missing numbers from the VIN stamped on the inner fender are 156

Does that Ford number place it obviously as a '65Shelby GT350 missing it's original Shelby VIN tag?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

BGlover67

I'm pretty sure Pookie is the high bidder.  :o
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

NC TRACKRAT

Sadly, someone will drink the "cool aid"...  :(
5S071, 6S1467

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 16, 2021, 08:41:58 AM
Let me help

Its a fake! Not a Shelby

A gross misrepresentation, optional lawsuit costs not included.

That wasn't my question.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

rhjanes

But but but...
Someone once told them that......
And Carroll Personally! signed that glove box.....right after he finished building the car and wiped the grease off his hands!!! 
At least there is no claim "Carrol's personal car" (yeah...I spelt that incorrect.....on purpose).

I was surfing Youtube and found a old juggler performing for President Regan and others...."This is President George Washington's PERSONAL AXE I'm going to juggle!!!  Yes!! Really!!!  Except the handle.....I had to replace the handle......and the axe head....I had to replace that.....". 

Oh well....I hope someone doesn't sell this in 10 years as the real deal. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork