News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Has this car been discussed here yet?

Started by owenkelley, August 15, 2021, 09:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350hr

Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 15, 2021, 10:20:54 PM
Quote from: rhjanes on August 15, 2021, 10:13:37 PM
This is an interesting comment on the listing......
****I was told that almost all 1965 K Code Fastbacks that were Wimbledon White on black were scheduled to become SFM Registry Shelby cars, however, it appears that this one did not make the trip to the Shelby American facility for the final Carroll blessing.*****

OK...... ;)

From the photo's it appears to be a nice car.  But they also state about all the sheet metal was replaced.  No interior photo's.
" almost all 1965 K Code Fastbacks that were Wimbledon White on black were scheduled to become SFM Registry Shelby cars"  is a BS made up comment with no back up documentation to support the notion.

+1 The "claim" is STUPID. SAI destined cars were "specifically built" in groups to a very detailed ''Domestic Special Order" , not "standard white K code fastbacks"picked off of the finished lot.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

67 GT350

Would have made a nice car in original state, but not as a fake.
RARE  Signature Delete

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: camp upshur on August 16, 2021, 02:06:56 AM

If you're gonna forge a VIN restamp it's best to obtain a stamp set with the same font as Ford used, and then to rack it with the correct interval.

I'd bet the original one is still under the area on the apron he's painted white. But overall it's a nice $25,000 Mustang.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Jack4159

Response direct from the seller today after I PM'd him on ebay and suggested his ad was ambiguous and unclear.

"sorry if i wasnt clear... in 1965, all White 1965 K code Fastback Mustangs were solid lift cam factory built race cars and that were built for one purpose... to go to the LA Carroll Shelby facility to become registered Shelby GT350 cars.. however, there were a few that missed pick up.. this one is not in the registry, however, appears that it should have been.. The vehicle title shows Shelby, however, it is not listed in the registry with a SFM # .."

I guess that clears it all up....

stangman39

This seller often posts his for sale cars in a few Facebook groups.  It has not made it there yet (unless it is in groups I'm not part of).  Maybe it hasn't hit certain groups for a reason!
Some of his cars descriptions have seemed interesting in the past.  This one is top on the list!

s2ms

Quote from: Jack4159 on August 16, 2021, 11:22:55 AM
Response direct from the seller today after I PM'd him on ebay and suggested his ad was ambiguous and unclear.

"sorry if i wasnt clear... in 1965, all White 1965 K code Fastback Mustangs were solid lift cam factory built race cars and that were built for one purpose... to go to the LA Carroll Shelby facility to become registered Shelby GT350 cars.. however, there were a few that missed pick up.. this one is not in the registry, however, appears that it should have been.. The vehicle title shows Shelby, however, it is not listed in the registry with a SFM # .."

I guess that clears it all up....

As a point of reference...I went through Tony Gregory's K-code book, 4th edition, and the registry shows 9 SJ Wimbledon White fastbacks registered out of 97 total same cars with color code info. I'm sure there are more complete numbers out there...
Dave - 6S1757

gt350hr

Since when is a "new body" CLEARLY stated , an assembly line San Jose vin car? Since it is described as "all new" , NOTHING was used from the real car! This could be a REAL PROBLEM in terms of "vin tampering" for ANY owner. RUN away from this one.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

FL SAAC

Quote from: rhjanes on August 16, 2021, 09:43:08 AM
But but but...
Someone once told them that......
And Carroll Personally! signed that glove box.....right after he finished building the car and wiped the grease off his hands!!! 
At least there is no claim "Carrol's personal car" (yeah...I spelt that incorrect.....on purpose).

I was surfing Youtube and found a old juggler performing for President Regan and others...."This is President George Washington's PERSONAL AXE I'm going to juggle!!!  Yes!! Really!!!  Except the handle.....I had to replace the handle......and the axe head....I had to replace that.....". 

Oh well....I hope someone doesn't sell this in 10 years as the real deal.

This is clear as glass....
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert