News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

PT Barnum was (unfortunately) right....

Started by PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy, August 17, 2021, 12:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

Car was registered with the 428 Forum. Scott has now updated the condition of the car in the registry.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

mtdubvee

Its my car. It was brought to me from an old scrap yard. Anyone that has ever dealt with me knows I'm a straight up honest seller. Its being sold in the condition I got it in and it has the VINs on the aprons, clear title and tags just like any other car, except this one is in awful condition. Would everyone be happy if I just scrapped it for good and put the title and tags in the trash, because I'm sure that's what everyone else would do. I'm not selling just tags and title here, atleast I have the actual car even if its in scrap condition. If anyone has anything negative to say to me, feel free to PM me.
SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

1967 GT350 #41 Raven Black 4 Speed

shelbymann1970

Quote from: mtdubvee on August 19, 2021, 11:40:08 AM
Its my car. It was brought to me from an old scrap yard. Anyone that has ever dealt with me knows I'm a straight up honest seller. Its being sold in the condition I got it in and it has the VINs on the aprons, clear title and tags just like any other car, except this one is in awful condition. Would everyone be happy if I just scrapped it for good and put the title and tags in the trash, because I'm sure that's what everyone else would do. I'm not selling just tags and title here, atleast I have the actual car even if its in scrap condition. If anyone has anything negative to say to me, feel free to PM me.
I personally do not care how the car is rebuilt(dynacorn, another body, Mark Worman 71 Cuda way). Most are honest with the history. The tagging of vins helps potential buyers to search and know the truth. Obviously you are on the up and respected. But future sellers may not be. Also how many rebody 65-70 Shelbys are out there or owned by club members? I'm sure some. Again, I wouldn't have a problem with this car being resurrected so not everyone here would throw the tags into the trash. I'm not sure how I would handle that car because I'm not nearly as talented as some who restore.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

mtdubvee

Plain and simple. I'm selling a rough basket case. I'm not the mustang police and if someone buys it's they can do as they wish it's not my business. But my part is honestly just selling a basket case.

I respect the club and the members and most importantly the hobby as an enthusiast.
SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

69mach351w

Like I mentioned, you might be a straight up guy and done fair business in the past, but come on Man, The fact is the VIN plate and the body buck tag was removed from the car that you can plainly see from the photos. 

Whoever buys this "pile of metal", yes, that's all it is, will know what the value is here, and it's in both VIN stamped pieces. You mentioned yourself that the car is in scrap condition and is WAY beyond ever being something to drive!!

So you HAVE to know in your mind that down the road there will undoubtedly be a VIN swap and someone is eventually going to get a Non Original Mustang FB and sure that Fraud will come up.

Just My Opinion because ALL these forums (CMF, 428, Boss and SAAC)are about the preservation, restoration of the true car behind the VINS and most here, if truth is known, is not a big fan of sales like this.

Be Covid Safe,
Rich

mtdubvee

I'm selling this car as it sets. With title and all tags. Plain and simple. As far as the buck tag being removed and the VIN tag, it's how I received it. Most restored cars have had both removed at some
Point for restoration so this isn't much different as far as removal. I'm almost 100% sure than nobody would scrap it and throw it away over concern of what the next guy would do with it. I've actually had several people that build cars on jigs call me and say they can fix it and are entertaining the idea, and if fully pictured documented, would be no different than someone buying a really rusty car and replacing 90% of the sheet metal.  Certainly would require a lot of new metal as most of these old cars have. Sometimes people with a lot of will can start with little to nothing and fix something.

Nevertheless, I certainly hear your concern. If I was trying to do anything else, I wouldn't have put it on public display for the masses.

We all know people have restored salvage cars before. Funny to me that people act like this would be the first time.
SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

FL SAAC

Quote from: mtdubvee on August 19, 2021, 02:50:38 PM
I'm selling this car as it sets. With title and all tags. Plain and simple. As far as the buck tag being removed and the VIN tag, it's how I received it. Most restored cars have had both removed at some
Point for restoration so this isn't much different as far as removal. I'm almost 100% sure than nobody would scrap it and throw it away over concern of what the next guy would do with it. I've actually had several people that build cars on jigs call me and say they can fix it and are entertaining the idea, and if fully pictured documented, would be no different than someone buying a really rusty car and replacing 90% of the sheet metal.  Certainly would require a lot of new metal as most of these old cars have. Sometimes people with a lot of will can start with little to nothing and fix something.

Nevertheless, I certainly hear your concern. If I was trying to do anything else, I wouldn't have put it on public display for the masses.

We all know people have restored salvage cars before. Funny to me that people act like this would be the first time.

Not to go off topic ( but I'm going to ) this is what will happen or is happening to "Jimmies car" # 939 right now:

As stated before , this project has been in the works for years.

Not only Mustang / Shelby experts, but many other experts in different non automotive fields are involved. The duplicating and aging the paper work for your paper trail as you mentioned has more than likely been done. You will have witnesses available to testify its validity and existence. This is a major production.

The vehicle may come out as a derelict rebuildable or driveable  with patina. Again years in the making.

I believe possibly someone of influence or great influence and with great financial strength would want to recreate or resuscitate this valuable Shelby.

Once again all the I's will be dotted and all the Ts will be crossed...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Jimmy is dead
And his car is too...
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert