News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Fill this hole?

Started by aj, August 21, 2021, 09:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aj

Am i correct that this hole in the upper trunk rail area should not be here.   Just want to confirm before body guy fills it. 

Owned car since '79 and i didn't put it there.  Can't imagine why anyone would.

Thanks

Bob Gaines

Quote from: aj on August 21, 2021, 09:05:09 AM
Am i correct that this hole in the upper trunk rail area should not be here.   Just want to confirm before body guy fills it. 

Owned car since '79 and i didn't put it there.  Can't imagine why anyone would.

Thanks
You are correct not typically a hole there .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bill Collins

It was quite possibly for an alarm switch. I have seen this on various cars over the years, especially those from urban areas where the only parking was on street.
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Bill Collins on August 21, 2021, 10:23:27 AM
It was quite possibly for an alarm switch. I have seen this on various cars over the years, especially those from urban areas where the only parking was on street.
bingo. :)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JohnSlack

Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 21, 2021, 11:20:09 AM
Quote from: Bill Collins on August 21, 2021, 10:23:27 AM
bingo. :)

Yes, and you probably haven't found the switch under the hood and in the door areas yet.
John