News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

NOS 67 Shelby hupcaps (not) on Ebay buyer beware

Started by Bob Gaines, August 22, 2021, 12:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

I don't think anyone is going to rush out and spend the 8K for these T bird  hubcaps  https://www.ebay.com/itm/274912829470  but just in case be warned that the seller is trying to pass off some tenspoke center cap emblems as 67 Shelby hubcap center emblems. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt but you have to be awfully clueless not to see that the tenspoke center cap emblems are dramatically different in size compare to the hubcap center . As if I can believe he never set the emblems on to the hubcap center.  What a shame.  By not acknowledging this he is lying by omission. I sent him a message explaining what happens if you try and cut the tenspoke emblem down to fit the hubcap center (lose edges of the Cobra artwork) and I will see how he responds.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Kent

Awful price for some hubcaps, if 4 nos rims would be included ok but so its one of the most worst deals in history.

@bob thanks for sharing with us
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Bob Gaines

The good news is that the seller posted a picture of the emblems in the hubcap center fitting properly . The bad news is that the price is the same.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67KGTA

Wow! Very lofty asking price for sure...I recently sold a similar set of 4 in their original boxes (minus the correct 67 Shelby emblems) for about 1/10th of this Buy it Now price. They went to a friend restoring his 67 GT350 but I also told him he'd have better luck in finding Jim Morrisons missing Shelby than ever locating a correct set of NOS 67 Hubcap emblems. They just don't exist or at least I could never find them. This might be an item someone considers re-producing but I'm sure the market would barely cover the costs in making them available. 

69mach351w

This is what I'm talking about, how does an eBay member collect 1612 feedbacks at 100% with this kind of crap they do?  I looked at his sold items and he don't have any high $$ items that he's sold, but he does have some not sold yet. So, maybe now he's hoping that "uninformed" will come along and buy these for $8K. 

It's like Pookie and his shenanigans and he has a 100% positive feedback on all 3 of his eBay accts.

Don't make any sense >:(

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 22, 2021, 07:00:40 PM
The good news is that the seller posted a picture of the emblems in the hubcap center fitting properly . The bad news is that the price is the same.

The center caps are "hurting my brain". Is there something invisible and scentless chemical that circulates in the atmosphere and causes some kind of a very focused mass delusion?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!