Author Topic: SAAC-12 Charlotte NC  (Read 8238 times)

67 GT350

• View Profile
Re: SAAC-12 Charlotte NC
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2021, 09:23:34 PM »
I had a great time at the event!!
A friend of mine blew up his engine on the track! It was a 67 also. He sold parts off it at the show!
My car (1424) was in the center of the panoramic photo. I have that mounted and framed and it is in our house on display, it is so funny to look and see friends we can pick out in that picture, funny how tight shorts were very normal back then!
Thank you for bringing back fond memories of my car......I had a chance to buy it back within a year, it still has the flairs and engine, but the Paxton is gone! SO sad I missed getting it back!
RARE  Signature Delete

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2021, 09:26:04 PM »
images 41-44

The person who owns/owned ? the orange notch w flares on track, was looking for a photo of the car from Charlotte on the forum

a few years back, I had sent him that image.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 09:36:27 PM by honker »

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2021, 09:44:46 PM »
images 45-48

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2021, 09:52:39 PM »
images 49-52

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2021, 10:03:05 PM »
images 53-55

This car ticked all the boxes for me, any one know the CSX ?

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2021, 10:11:02 PM »
images 56-58

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2021, 10:21:28 PM »
That's all folks ! I had a great time, and met a lot of nice really enthusiastic people  8)

I was actively looking for a '67 GT350 at the time, but personal troubles got in the way, and it never panned out  :(

Thanks for the comments, I'm glad it brought back memories.

Time to head home to Ontario, Canada, this was my ride at the time, still have it.

Mike

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2021, 09:42:13 AM »
A friend of mine blew up his engine on the track! It was a 67 also. He sold parts off it at the show!
My car (1424) was in the center of the panoramic photo. I have that mounted and framed and it is in our house on display, it is so funny to look and see friends we can pick out in that picture, funny how tight shorts were very normal back then!
Thank you for bringing back fond memories of my car......I had a chance to buy it back within a year, it still has the flairs and engine, but the Paxton is gone! SO sad I missed getting it back!

In the end that's all we have memories of goid times
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2021, 09:51:03 AM »
images 45-48

A factory RED car looks soooooo goooood with those wonderful taillights! I can just sit behind it and admire it all day!
RARE  Signature Delete

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2021, 09:55:25 AM »
That's all folks ! I had a great time, and met a lot of nice really enthusiastic people  8)

I was actively looking for a '67 GT350 at the time, but personal troubles got in the way, and it never panned out  :(

Thanks for the comments, I'm glad it brought back memories.

Time to head home to Ontario, Canada, this was my ride at the time, still have it.

Mike

THANK YOU for the wonderful pictures!
RARE  Signature Delete

Dennis Y

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2021, 12:32:43 PM »
One of the most bizarre occurrences from this convention was coming back to the hotel from the track on a hot afternoon, going down to the pool for a quick dip and going back up to the room to look out the window and see a bunch of white sheets marching down the street toward the park across the way. Got really interesting when the lightning bolts started flying. :o

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2021, 06:48:41 AM »

Very cool!  Pretty sure that is 24 yo me in the burgundy (medium cabernet lol) 87 Mustang GT in Pic 49  I remember coming out of the infield onto the oval towards the first turn was like driving towards an asphalt wall.  Thanks for posting!

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2021, 03:48:34 AM »

Is this the motor you were talking about ? I think the photo is from one of the club publications ? I've had it in my files for a long

time.

Mike

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2021, 09:40:39 AM »
Those were some fun times when the cars were driven and enjoyed as they were built for ... ENJOYMENT. Not a mention of cars values, or someone running non original wheels, or induction system. Inglese induction systems were for the go fast crowd and was well recieved back then, as were most everything else designed for these cars. We couldnt wait to see old friends, throw on some OP, or Lightning bolt shorts, and the women their tube tops  ;D. Life was alot simpler back then but in that spirit maybe as the years go by we can incorporate some more good times into our gatherings. Fun to look back!

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2021, 11:35:25 AM »
'70 Trans-Am car a little low on the right front !

GoodYear air filters. They were noted for thin porous sidewalls
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless