News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New Cobra watch by Breitling

Started by deathsled, August 31, 2021, 10:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Don Johnston

Possibly better.  But then it doesn't come with optional wood box, model Cobra and Cobra book.  8)

Side-Oilers

Does Breitling use CS's micro-tip Sharpie to auto-pen sign the back of the watch?
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

427heaven

I remember when a nice wrist watch was considered a fashion statement, they seem to have disappeared with the Diamond pinky ring, Gold chains, and man perms. No one wears those anymore. Times are a changin- :'(

deathsled

True, but one constant that will never change is our reliance on time and its passage.  I still wear a watch and submit that I can get the time faster than anyone without said watch.  Having to grab one's phone and illuminate the face and visually hunt for the time, I will beat that tiresome routine every time.  And the US military still favors watches over using a cell phone to tell their time during a mission.  It may even be a "mandate" for the military if I may use a favorite word of the time (among many other choice "buzz" words). 

427heaven

Seems like all of the Doctors, Lawyers, CEO S have to whip out their latest and greatest I- PHONES as a show of ? Power, Position, Clout... We are constantly evolving. :-\

deathsled

For me I would prefer a modern day Tag Heuer Monaco.  Just has that vintage provenance about it that the Breitling does not seem to possess.  Could care less if anyone else was impressed with it or even knew what it was though I submit that if you stand out enough with antiquated baubles, they immediately start conversations.  As for iPhones, I do not own one nor do I care about phones at all.  They have the same utility as a shovel in my mind.  They exist to perform a function.  I go out of my way to get the most cost effective android I can find.  Currently rocking an LG Stylus which I plan to keep for the duration of its shelf life and even beyond if it lasts.  I was a hard sell on smart phones and kept my mini brick Nokia well after most had gone to the so-called "Smart" phone.  Watches are something entirely different.  They are intricate and lovingly designed mechanical jewels created by man to tell us the passing of the hours of our lives.  Way more poetic than I intended.  Sorry about that.

Side-Oilers

Richard,

I have a friend who wears his Rolex everyday, and it has a few dings from working on his cars all these years.

I just bought this Omega Speedmaster as a retirement gift for my pal RPM (the "Cannonball Shelby" 1967 GT500 guy.) 

I might have worn it around for a week or so before giving it to him.

Van
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

deathsled

I admire Omegas especially the Speedmaster.  Omega, first watch on the moon...I have a yellow face Tag Heuer Formula One.  Nothing special but I enjoy it even though it's a quartz.  One day, the Monaco.  Or perhaps a Speedmaster...

FL SAAC

Good Lawd that's alota money for a watch with a leather strap !

Only Ford GT owners can afford these...
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert