News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Draculow

Started by BGlover67, April 30, 2018, 09:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Anyone have any more info about this? Did they use a real Shelby?

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

tesgt350

I could be wrong but, I will say not a real Shelby.

Shelby_r_b

Wow. There's a lot going on with that car.  ???
Nothing beats a classic!

deathsled

:-*Looking at the export brace alone (there isn't one) suggests it is not a real Shelby. Perhaps something more out of the Matrix itself.

Richard E
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Draculow is the predecessor to Eleanor.

Looking at the tread pattern of the tires, I will guess around 1977-1978.

gt350cs

To each his own. Just not my cup of tea.

But at least I didn't follow through on putting a sun roof in my 1966 GT350H back in about 1974. Though at the time it seemed like a good idea.

Did anyone else have these strange ideas back then?

deathsled

Sunroof...oh my God! The automotive Gods would severely have punished you for such an act. I'm just glad you didn't go through with it. Something in your moral compass must've told you it would be inherently wrong.

My strange idea back in high school was loving the Porsche 914 thinking it was a fantastic car. What was I thinking.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

J_Speegle

Quote from: gt350cs on May 01, 2018, 11:01:43 AM
But at least I didn't follow through on putting a sun roof in my 1966 GT350H back in about 1974. Though at the time it seemed like a good idea.

Did anyone else have these strange ideas back then?

At least it wasn't T tops. Saw that a couple of times ::)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

98SVT - was 06GT

Said to have been built from a real car that was crashed. Built/owned by Bela Lagosi's (Dracula) son. He used to bring it to the LA Cobra Club meetings at Galpin Ford all the time.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Don Johnston

The article states that it was an unnumbered car and that Holman Moody worked on it.  It sounds a bit between spooky and pookie to me without a trail of proofy. 8)

^^^^ 😂

The unnumbered cars were stashed away with all the 427 prototypes that ended up being released thru backdoor channels.

Tom Honegger

That car was pictured in an early SOA(?) or Shelby American issue. Don't remember if the number was mentioned. I'll check my archives!

BGlover67

Are they implying it's a '65 or a '66 Shelby?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Don Johnston on May 02, 2018, 02:24:48 AM
The article states that it was an unnumbered car and that Holman Moody worked on it.  It sounds a bit between spooky and pookie to me without a trail of proofy. 8)
I think there was one car ordered to be an R model that had been stripped to a shell for race program spares (cheaper than ordering individual parts). I heard it was sold in 66 but don't know if it got a number - Any help here Howard?
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless