Author Topic: Phidon Restorations - My Tachometer - Excellent!  (Read 2791 times)

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
Phidon Restorations - My Tachometer - Excellent!
« on: September 04, 2021, 10:01:30 PM »
Thought I would share with you my experience with Phidon Restorations recently.   I had them restore the tach for my 66 GT350.  Phil (the owner and sole operator) is a very nice guy.  Great to work with and very knowledgable.  He is amazing at restorations of Thomas Faria meters and clocks in Rally Packs.  I'm sure he can restored just about any other speedometers, tachometer or clock too.  He does exceptional work.

Before pictures.  (Not pictured is the inner components that were in a box that came with my car.  The previous owner had someone attempt to restore the tach many years back and was unsuccessful.  The attempt basically left a box full of parts and no progress.  Now it is back together in amazing shape.)

After:

I dropped my tach off at Phil's house about three weeks ago.  He showed me his work area.  Wow, he has so many tachs....it was amazing.  He also has a great area to work on these.  He is amazing resource for these instruments.  If you are thinking about getting yours restored, do not hesitate.  Jump on this opportunity and do it now.  He is a huge asset to our hobby and everyone could benefit from his skills.   I think I am going to have him do another one for me just so I have another tach for another car some day.

Contact information: 
https://www.phidonrestorations.com/
Phone: 208-734-4535
Email: philseverance9@gmail.com

« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 11:35:37 AM by silverton_ford »

Rickmustang

• SAAC Member
  • "What's behind you, doesn't matter"
    • View Profile
Re: Phidon Restorations - My Tachometer - Excellent!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 10:02:26 PM »
Done 3 for me and sending another. Best out there.
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 04:43:27 AM »
Yeah did one for me. Top work.

6S373
6S1276

Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 12:39:32 PM »
Did mine for 6S550, but I didn't have him "restore" it. It looked great when I sent it to him. He just worked on it because sometimes it would work, and sometimes not work. He got it fixed in a short amount of time and really reasonable on cost. Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

T-Bone68

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 09:01:16 AM »
Phil restored a 67 instrument cluster for me, taking a regular Mustang cluster and upgraded to Shelby config with tach for me.  Same, great to work with and amazing results.