News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Black 1968 GT500KR on BAT

Started by 5s386, September 07, 2021, 11:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5s386

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-shelby-mustang-gt500kr-5/

Ends in 6 days.

Current Bid is now $133,333.00

8T02R201795-02454 

CharlesTurner

SOLD FOR $262,589 ON 9/13/21

Scratching my head over this one... not a CJ block, wrong carb, a/c added, automatic...  Clean and well presented, photos and seller engagement must have helped a lot. 
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

5s386

Outstanding seller on this one.

Previous rust history (pre-restoration photos), lots of repro parts, including door tag, panels reworked or replaced. P.O. claimed rotis restored in 2014.

Tired Sheep

Great job!

You got a Cobra Jet car without a cobra jet block, from a Canadian dealership, with extensive sheet metal repairs and replacement body tags. Oh sorry forget the cheap and incorrect parts for a quarter million plus!

I am wondering why a car built in May has a pre-December metal dashboard? Asking for a friend.

Hall of fame purchase

67 GT350

Have buddies, will bid!
LQQKS like ebay polices buddy bidding better.
RARE  Signature Delete

gt350bp

Looked like repo fiberglass headlights buckets as well as taillight panel must have been replaced because no adjustable decklid bumpers? Never seen a buck tag on the drivers side apron. The closer I looked at the photos, the more I found and questioned. I thought $133k was all the money on that car!

Don
gt350bp 

69mach351w

Maybe someone here should've stepped up and contacted the buyer with their expertise.

Instead, just make remarks here to most that already know what wrong or right ???

Don Johnston

Hope the new owner enjoys his purchase no matter the accuracy and amount spent.  8)

FL SAAC

Quote from: Don Johnston on September 13, 2021, 06:30:21 PM
Hope the new owner enjoys his purchase no matter the accuracy and amount spent.  8)

+ 1
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Tired Sheep

This forum gets stupider by the day

shelbydoug

I don't believe the price but who ever thought Cobras would be million dollar cars?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Stillakid54

Quote from: Tired Sheep on September 13, 2021, 04:41:18 PM

You got a Cobra Jet car without a cobra jet block, from a Canadian dealership, with extensive sheet metal repairs and replacement body tags. Oh sorry forget the cheap and incorrect parts for a quarter million plus!

Hey! What's wrong with a Canadian dealer?? One of my cars is from Healy. Same cars delivered to 50 states.
68-2766, since 1990
69-2524, since 1992

67 GT350

Quote from: Don Johnston on September 13, 2021, 06:30:21 PM

Tell you what, for that much, I sure do love my Ford GT.
RARE  Signature Delete

427hunter

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Tired Sheep on September 13, 2021, 04:41:18 PM
Great job!

I am wondering why a car built in May has a pre-December metal dashboard? Asking for a friend.

Hall of fame purchase
I didn't do a deep dive on correctness and some of the things pointed out here I'm going to go back and look at and save the pics for ref. I have been creating files on cars. The dash thing I missed. The buck tag I saw. I make it a habit not to alter an auction if I can by comments. Those who see my comments I will answer a question or I will rebut a comment which was falsely made. One example is the med lime Boss 302 on BaT right now. One person chimes in on how correct the underside was done so I corrected him pointing out the Repo front floor pans and posted a link to a you tube video of Bob Perkins 1970 GO B9. I may also post on things AFTER the car has sold. I've seen some real turds go for stupid money. I have also pointed out when some have reached out to me here on what was wrong with a particular car(look at pic ### and this is what I see...). I will also point out the GOOD I see in a car for sale. Absence of all sound deadner I found curious on this KR. Should the rear leaf springs have band clamps on them also? Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)