News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Can this be explained to me?

Started by 67 GT350, September 11, 2021, 08:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Royce Peterson

What's the question? Looks like a non - numbers matching Shelby with an unknown reserve that isn't met yet. I would look at it in person if I were interested in buying.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

deathsled

The VIN is marked as "00000000000000000" so it isn't even the first one. It's before. Lol.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on September 11, 2021, 09:13:10 AM
The VIN is marked as "00000000000000000" so it isn't even the first one. It's before. Lol.

The vin number 0 makes it the first or before first 67 Shelby

Could be possibly a James Bond car with all the 00000 in it

Maybe one of the rarest Shelbys on the market....million dollar car ?
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbydoug

Why don't you ask the seller for the serial number if you are interested in buying it?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

SHELB66

It's listed under "vehicle description".
67200F9A02383

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

67 GT350

Quote from: Royce Peterson on September 11, 2021, 09:09:56 AM
What's the question? Looks like a non - numbers matching Shelby with an unknown reserve that isn't met yet. I would look at it in person if I were interested in buying.

SO all non numbers matching Shelbys are worth under 100K?
Looks like a nice car to me? Why so cheap?
Is this true market value for a non matching number car?
RARE  Signature Delete

honker

That car was listed once before, July 2021, can't remember if it was the same seller.

deathsled

Quote from: 67 GT350 on September 11, 2021, 03:32:07 PM

I would submit no.  There are so many variables going on.  The time of year of the sale, the particular way the car has been advertised, the forum (ebay) on which it is advertised and the particular time in people's lives who may or may not be in the market for said car and compound this with the usual proverbial tire kickers, I submit that this does not accurately reflect the value of the car.  Thinking four dimensionally here, a different time may yield a different (higher) result.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Royce Peterson

It didn't sell. That's not the price.

FL SAAC

If it did not sell for that then the market is telling you that it's  worth a bit less than the bid price

Quote from: Royce Peterson on September 11, 2021, 08:48:06 PM

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

So one person who is on ebay was willing to pay $66,233.00 for the car and one other person was willing to pay just a little less. Nobody was willing to pay more than $66,233.00 for the car at this time on ebay. If someone was a blablaauction.com buyer and saw this on ebay are we to think he or she would say, if it was on the auction site that I like to bid one, I would pay more and I am not willing to crossover and bid on ebay???
RARE  Signature Delete

Royce Peterson

Not true. There were not TWO bidders so the reserve was not met. We don't know what price the reserve was. Two bidders (or more) are needed to find the ultimate value. It very well could be the asking price is too much given the crappy description and lack of underside pictures.

Quote from: FL SAAC on September 11, 2021, 09:39:10 PM
If it did not sell for that then the market is telling you that it's  worth a bit less than the bid price

Quote from: Royce Peterson on September 11, 2021, 08:48:06 PM

George Schalk

I looked at this car back in July when Street Side Classics first took it in on consignment.  This is car #2383.  The sales rep claimed the car was sold within a day of them receiving it for their asking price of $150,000.  Street Side said they had a deposit on the car and buyer was working on getting his funds together.  The rep said the car was all numbers matching and the 11,*** miles were said to be accurate and documented.  I told him to contact SAAC for the real story on the car since the mileage was way beyond what was claimed.  Apparently their buyer fell through.

The car was was a nice driver quality with shiny paint on the outside, but door jambs, trunk, lower rockers had poor paint.  The car had a lot of original parts under the hood, but a lot of reproduction parts also.  They claimed the trans and block were dated and stamped with vin, but I didn't check myself to confirm.  The rear quarters looked like they were replaced.  I gave it a quick glance and didn't spend a lot of time on it since the temp in their showroom was about 150 degrees that day, Arizona for ya in July!!

If someone is interested and would like a more thorough inspection, let me know.
As it is said, "Caveat Emptor"

George Schalk

J_Speegle

Think your missing the point that this one auction is not about all 67 GT350's but just this one. We are often quick to apply the newest high water mark or low price to all cars that on a quick look appear to be similar cars when we don't know.

Is this the true market value?  I would say no, in this example, since there was no agreement between a buyer and seller.
Just the personal value placed on it on that day from bidders participating in the auction for that particular car.

Just an opinion and view point.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge