Author Topic: Color code for the blue Paxton SN60 supercharger  (Read 1298 times)

StanG

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Color code for the blue Paxton SN60 supercharger
« on: September 12, 2021, 12:08:28 AM »
Does anyone know the correct color code for the blue SN60 Paxton supercharger?  I have reached out to Paradise Wheels but haven't received a response as yet.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Color code for the blue Paxton SN60 supercharger
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 08:47:09 AM »
Does anyone know the correct color code for the blue SN60 Paxton supercharger?  I have reached out to Paradise Wheels but haven't received a response as yet.

:o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 10:48:35 AM »
It might be as simple as Ford engine color. As a longshot try Jim Middlebrook at Vortech https://vortechsuperchargers.com/pages/contact he was running the R&D at Paxton until he left to do his own gear drive blower. He's selling the Paxton brand again as a gear drive kit for late model cars. Craig has the rights to the early ball drive blowers.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

George Schalk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 12:41:02 PM »
The blue used on the 66-67 Shelby Paxton blower unit is Ford Corporate Blue, same color used on the engine itself.  If you are spraying this color out of an aerosol can, there are many different brands and color variations.  Plasti-Kote #224 seems to be a good match, but there are many others.

If you are using a professional spray gun, which gives the best results, you will want to use:
 PPG Delstar DAR 13358
Do not use any flattening agents like you would when applying to an engine block.  The color should be Glossy Ford Corporate Blue.

StanG

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 06:25:20 AM »
Thanks for the replies. 

I'll look into the range of Ford Corporate Blue.  I thought it looked a little lighter but I guess that could be shade variation (and my eyes!).  I'll try some different shades and  PPG Delstar DAR 13358 and see how it goes.
Cheers