News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Vanilla Ice still rolling in his 5.0 (literally)

Started by deathsled, September 16, 2021, 06:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

Huh,wonder where he got the 150.Last I heard of him he was getting arrested for stealing appliances from an unoccupied house in his neighborhood....Guess those Maytags bring big cash on the "secondary market"... >:(

98SVT - was 06GT

Vanilla Ice, a.k.a. Robert Matthew Van Winkle. With that name I assume he was asleep while they did that to his car. I'm a fan of ALL day two cars - except this pimp mobile. This is the only car I would like to see returned to off the line day one.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

I'm sweatin' like steam and you can feel the flow and I'm rollin' in my 5.0.
https://youtu.be/gMbxOUgPDsI

And presentation of his restored 5.0.
https://youtu.be/uder4MJqnNw

67 GT350

I think you Shelby guys need to respect this guy. NUMBER ONE, he drives a MANUAL. NUMBER TWO, watch the second video, if that is not you, you better just sell your SHELBY NOW!
When someone talks about his or her car and uses the word "emotional" that means a lot. If you have not felt emotional after a long respiration process, its time to sell.
RARE  Signature Delete

shelbydoug

Quote from: 67 GT350 on September 17, 2021, 11:43:20 AM
I think you Shelby guys need to respect this guy. NUMBER ONE, he drives a MANUAL. NUMBER TWO, watch the second video, if that is not you, you better just sell your SHELBY NOW!
When someone talks about his or her car and uses the word "emotional" that means a lot. If you have not felt emotional after a long respiration process, its time to sell.

Sure, sure, but he gets emotional with new sneakers. They're always the best he's ever had!

I always get all teary eyed when I drive mine but that's because the exhaust is too rich.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

Quote from: shelbydoug on September 17, 2021, 12:31:44 PM

Sure, sure, but he gets emotional with new sneakers. They're always the best he's ever had!

I always get all teary eyed when I drive mine but that's because the exhaust is too rich.

Good one! I must admit, not knowing much about him, I just thought that he related his feelings well. I am upside down on my Boss 302, but I said to my wife, "5 deadbeat shops, the 6th place was where I should have took it in the beginning, its a matter of proving everyone who saw it, said it could never get done! Is it worth this cost after all the others? Yes."
RARE  Signature Delete

deathsled

Quote from: 67 GT350 on September 17, 2021, 03:35:16 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on September 17, 2021, 12:31:44 PM

Good one! I must admit, not knowing much about him, I just thought that he related his feelings well. I am upside down on my Boss 302, but I said to my wife, "5 deadbeat shops, the 6th place was where I should have took it in the beginning, its a matter of proving everyone who saw it, said it could never get done! Is it worth this cost after all the others? Yes."
You are not upside down if you plan never to sell the Boss 302.  And why would you unless the most dire of emergencies necessitated such a sale.  Enjoy the machine for which it was intended and revel in your times with it I say.  The fact that you endured five prior shops until the sixth one completed your dream is a testament to your strength of character and that is worth more than the money expended.  You should be most proud of that trait and your determination.  It speaks to who you are every time you get in the driver's seat.

FL SAAC

Good Lawd $150K to restore/alter that fox body. That sacrilegious  !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

Oh I am OK with it, I just did not want to give up. Its been a few years now and I do not regret it. My wife and I went out to dinner in it the other night. Its all good!
RARE  Signature Delete