News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Mustang FB Restomod gets $330K

Started by 69mach351w, September 18, 2021, 02:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

SCJSTU

Just goes to show everyone in the car hobby has different tastes..........no problem with that
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

FL SAAC

Quote from: SCJSTU on September 19, 2021, 11:28:28 AM
Just goes to show everyone in the car hobby has different tastes..........no problem with that

+ 1 let those BENJAMIN'S flow !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

roddster

Just a big WTF as to why then the real 67 Shelbys aren't up there.  Who are these people?

rcgt350

They want a certain look, but with a high end modern drivetrain and don't seem to mind paying for the combination.
I understand it, but at the same time, it defies my way of thinking it through.
That's life!

67 GT350

Thank BJ and the old ponytailed and bald men that buy them with the money they will not be leaving to kids!

Revology, cars then make sense. They basically are stock looking, but the interior and wheels are "resto-mod" looking. At least they do not look hideous, and they have nice engines, transmissions, suspension, and braking.
RARE  Signature Delete

Wedgeman

Touche' to ..WTF...will look forward to see what happens when they  try to get rid of them?

What do they tell people who ask that magic question...." Is this a...REAL SHELBY "...?... :o

67 GT350

I drove my 67 GT350 to a small car show yesterday, did not show it, because I could not stay long, as soon as I parked, one guy came up and said, "Tribute, right?" as he nodded.
I said, no its real. He told me he never saw one before, he also pointed out his 65 Mustang convertible (fake GT) to me. I guess I find it interesting and I am not sure I understand it. Here is a guy with a fake car asking me if my car is a fake?!?!
I hate to sound like a jerk, but I just am not into driving my cars places to be asked if my car is a fake. I feel it is insulting to my Shelby when I hear people say, "Clone, Tribute, etc." NO, its a FAKE, I might have left then and there is he called it and "Eleanor"!!!!!! As we all can see, the Eleanor Bump is over with 67 Shelby values.
RARE  Signature Delete

Don Johnston

While it is properly listed as a Ford Mustang and has the correct licensing from Halicki not CSL, I do not understand the multiple Shelby signatures Dash and fan shield).   :-\

CharlesTurner

Isn't the 'official' licensing to call them an Eleanor a big chunk of change?  This came up a while back I thought.

It looks like a well done car going by the pics.  I don't understand what is meant by 'rotisserie restored" with a new shell, what exactly was restored?  Looks like all new parts.

There's a lot of variables that go into a restomod/modified car.  It takes a certain mix of high level workmanship and the right combination of appearance/performance modifications to do well when selling.  I'm sure this one cost more to do than a concours car though.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Quote from: Wedgeman on September 19, 2021, 02:54:05 PM
Touche' to ..WTF...will look forward to see what happens when they  try to get rid of them?

What do they tell people who ask that magic question...." Is this a...REAL SHELBY "...?... :o
.  "YES IT IS A REAL (fake) SHELBY"!!!!!

Shelby_r_b

For reference: here's a picture of the upper radiator house from this exact car.
Nothing beats a classic!