Author Topic: Mk1 Values  (Read 5874 times)

ATB09

• View Profile
Mk1 Values
« on: September 23, 2021, 09:31:20 AM »
I know I know...controversial topic.

I am a lurker, just signed on here.  SAAC member for just over a year with my GT350R Heritage.  Sunbeam Tiger before that. 

I see that #50 is for sale and with the Fox body market going haywire (https://bringatrailer.com/ford/mustang-fox-body/) I have to wonder about the SAAC cars.  Such small numbers, such a cool story and arguably the best performing Fox made where should these be at with ~3500 miles?

Comps: 

Low mile Saleens are over $50k
Low mile Cobras are over $40K
R's are off the charts.

Just looking to get an idea.  There are so few of these and they come up so infrequently that it's had to gauge.  Been listed 3 times now for $89K with no buyers. 

Thanks all!  Really want a unique Fox.

AB

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mk1 Values
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 09:52:43 AM »
I know I know...controversial topic.

I am a lurker, just signed on here.  SAAC member for just over a year with my GT350R Heritage.  Sunbeam Tiger before that. 

I see that #50 is for sale and with the Fox body market going haywire  I have to wonder about the SAAC cars.  Such small numbers, such a cool story and arguably the best performing Fox made where should these be at with ~3500 miles?

Comps: 

Low mile Saleens are over $50k
Low mile Cobras are over $40K
R's are off the charts.

Just looking to get an idea.  There are so few of these and they come up so infrequently that it's had to gauge.  Been listed 3 times now for $89K with no buyers. 

Thanks all!  Really want a unique Fox.

AB

If you are using BAT or Barrett Jackson as your "litmus test", then your view will be higher than the private market is generally seeing.

With that said, low mileage, well kept, fully documented cars will always garner more money than your run of the mill daily drivers. Those cars with modifications, or accident history, or those that clearly did not lead a charmed past life, will not, even though the seller will list it high with the mindset "well, my car is almost as nice as the one on BAT or BJ".

Just my personal two cents worth on the subject, as a buyer in a now 5 year search for just the right 1982 GT.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

ATB09

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 10:53:14 AM »
So any thoughts on SAAC values and specifically a well documented, mint, 3500 mile version?

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 11:01:30 AM »
So, not a Fox-body guy, but here's an Indy seller in the middle of nowhere TX, who has some vey nice cars... Check out the two (2) super low milage Fox Bodies... http://kmcars.com/car-showroom/

Ok, guess I should add, no affiliation with the seller either...
Tom - DFW, Texas

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 11:59:00 AM »
This typically is the wrong forum\ format for those cars. Probably get a better feel on the other sites.

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 12:18:55 PM »
This is the only forum the caters to these specific 91-93 SAAC cars.
We lost a large amount of people and posts after the crash.
I'm not aware of any 87-93 Fox body specific website currently.

The SAAC Car Company was an official car manufacturer (Not an aftermarket addition). These are the rarest FOX cars built by an official manufacturer. They were EPA certified and compliant. MKI CX1 was the certification car federally approved. Only 62 SAAC cars were completed with 64 numbered over three years of production. (The two extra cars were never started and the VIN numbers are known).

MKI =36 units (1991 and 1992)
There were 36 MKI’s completed over the two years;
This includes 30 production and 6 company PR cars (all were White with Blue stripes)

MKII = 15 units (1992 and 1993)
There were only 15 MKII’s completed with the convertible added to the line-up. New colors were added (Red with White stripes, Black with Gold stripes, and White with Blue stripes were offered)
Only 12 convertibles were built along with 3 hatchbacks. This includes 1 red PR convertible.

Snake =11 units (1992 and 1993)
These were a lower featured base unit that could be optioned up to the MKI level.
Only 11 SAAC Snakes were completed, continuing with three paint colors available.
There were 4 convertible and 8 hatchbacks were built.

Compared to the next lowest production Fox model, there were 104 Cobra R models all built in 1993 and all built in red. As Fox Mustangs rise in value with age, the SAAC cars follow. All were cared for and most were put away for safe keeping. To date, only one has been found as previously used as daily driver. That is no longer the case. All the others have low mileage, typically less than 10,000 miles. Only a few have a few hundred miles or less. It is extremely difficult to put a value on these cars as only one or two come up for sale on a yearly basis. For that reason, prices are all over the map.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 12:22:20 PM by Richstang »
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 12:43:38 PM »
Doesnt the Four eye forum have a format for those cars?

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 12:56:53 PM »
Doesnt the Four eye forum have a format for those cars?

Not typically, as they are specifically interested in 79-86 "Four Eyes" cars.

Even their "Other-Early-Fox-Discussion" is more related to "Non-Mustang/Capri Foxes: 78-83 Fairmont & Zephyr, 83-86 LTD & Marquis, 80-88 Thunderbird & Cougar, 82-87 Continental, 84-92 Mark VII, 81-82 Granada" and not the 87-93 variation.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 01:06:08 PM »
OK Thanks.

6T6SHELBY

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 05:00:27 PM »
To try and answer your original question, it is my understanding that a MKI with between 7-8k miles just sold in the last month or so for $65K in less than two days. From what I could see the car had been modified over the years and was in decent condition. Definitely not in show condition. I hope this helps.

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 10:01:16 PM »
To try and answer your original question, it is my understanding that a MKI with between 7-8k miles just sold in the last month or so for $65K in less than two days. From what I could see the car had been modified over the years and was in decent condition. Definitely not in show condition. I hope this helps.

There's an MKII convertible (007) just listed on the "oldcaronline" website for $52K.
The MKI 050 is currently priced at $90K on Hemming Classifieds.

That's a big difference for the different body styles and models for the same engine, trans, and suspension.
Both were built in 1992 a few months apart.

Those prices are certainly up substantially from a couple of years ago.

Flmach1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2021, 12:15:19 AM »
Come on these low mileage cars are way over priced now and were back in the day too.  I bought a super clean 2003 Cobra for $20K last year that has zero mods except for what SVT did on the special assembly line at Ford.

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2022, 08:44:01 PM »

There's an MKII convertible (007) just listed on the "oldcaronline" website for $52K.
The MKI 050 is currently priced at $90K on Hemming Classifieds.

That's a big difference for the different body styles and models for the same engine, trans, and suspension.
Both were built in 1992 a few months apart.

Those prices are certainly up substantially from a couple of years ago.

MKI 050 has sold to a new owner...a photo was posted on facebook
I'll add the photo when the 'Uploader' is fixed, if that ever happens.

Photo Added 4/1/2022 of MKI 050, 062, and MKII 007 as noted below

Car spotters in Peru posted a photo of MKI 062 in front of the Aston Martin dealer...
We know it was  ;) just visiting
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 04:07:13 PM by Richstang »

6T6SHELBY

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2022, 09:43:00 PM »
MKII conv. #007 has also found a new home recently which just so happens to be in the town next to me.

Bondovian

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2023, 06:41:13 AM »
I know this is an old post but a MKll is up for sale here in Indy for $124,000. The only red hatchback produced. here's the link https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/351070847444367/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks