News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Proposed mileage tax on your vehicle

Started by FL SAAC, September 29, 2021, 08:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

This new law will tax you on every mile you drive

Definitely will add more "smiles to each mile"

HR 3684 sec 13002 https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/3684/text
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Side-Oilers

Don't we already pay for that with gasoline tax and license fees?   :P   In CA it's a bunch of $$.

I know, I know...what about the electric cars?  Why should they get away with not paying an electric version of "gas tax" for road usage?   

Go tax them, and not the rest of us fossil lovers.  We're already paying our part...and then some.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Don Johnston

It should only be for EV as a way to pay for road maintenance.   8)

FL SAAC

Yes, in FL we have the gas (about 60 cents per gallon) tax, license fees, and many road TOLLS that where never there before. One day you wake up and they put up a big sign stating that effective today your former FREE road will now cost you $1 to come and go daily. Then you have the FAST LANES, these where part if the highway previously but now have been designated FAST so depending on the volume of traffic and time they prorate your time on these.  Could be as cheap as 25 cents to use or as high as 10 plus dollars I have seen

Quote from: Side-Oilers on September 29, 2021, 09:35:29 PM
Don't we already pay for that with gasoline tax and license fees?   :P   In CA it's a bunch of $$.

I know, I know...what about the electric cars?  Why should they get away with not paying an electric version of "gas tax" for road usage?   

Go tax them, and not the rest of us fossil lovers.  We're already paying our part...and then some.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Chad

How wil Biden track how many miles you drive?

67 GT350

Quote from: Chad on September 30, 2021, 09:39:43 AM

State inspections,
Car computers,
maybe report to some entity your yearly milage?
There are many ways to abuse dogs, and we are the dogs who voted for this. I will assume unless your State has been infiltrated by Californians and New Yorkers, many solid run States will fight it. Speaking on NY terms, the people who represent NY are in a big city called NYC, which is much different than the real Upstate NY, they represent people that do not drive cars that much if at all, they have a subway, taxies, busses, so if they can tax a regular person that has to drive a car, or enjoys driving, THEY WILL. The sad part is I am sure there might even be a car enthusiast maybe even a SAAC member that voted for these MONSTERS. (AOC ring a bell?).
Remember they also are going to really start watching your bank account also, as there is a bright idea of those people to start reporting withdrawals of 600 or more to the SRi (spelled backwards) Imagine buying a Shelby with cash, that's a lot of visits to the bank.
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

+ 1

Quote from: 67 GT350 on September 30, 2021, 10:14:33 AM

State inspections,
Car computers,
There are many ways to abuse dogs, and we are the dogs who voted for this. I will assume unless your State has been infiltrated by Californians and New Yorkers, many solid run States will fight it. Speaking on NY terms, the people who represent NY are in a big city called NYC, which is much different than the real Upstate NY, they represent people that do not drive cars that much if at all, they have a subway, taxies, busses, so if they can tax a regular person that has to drive a car, or enjoys driving, THEY WILL. The sad part is I am sure there might even be a car enthusiast maybe even a SAAC member that voted for these MONSTERS. (AOC ring a bell?).
Remember they also are going to really start watching your bank account also, as there is a bright idea of those people to start reporting withdrawals of 600 or more to the SRi (spelled backwards) Imagine buying a Shelby with cash, that's a lot of visits to the bank.

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Very easy does your car have a computer, obd or better yet do you have a cellular  phone  ?

I have all UNGOLD cars

Chad

Quote from: 67 GT350 on September 30, 2021, 10:14:33 AM

State inspections,
Car computers,
Just to be clear...I did not vote for it!!!!!!!!!!

98SVT - was 06GT

They can not just tax EVs. That would be another nail in their coffin. Can you imagine telling some leftie who is buying an electric car for the good of the planet that he'll have to pay a tax for every mile he drives it? What's next taking all the rebates away.
There will be a big boon for hackers who can get into the electronics and reset the mileage.
Older cars you can just change the speedo gear and reduce the miles by a percentage.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

mark p

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on September 30, 2021, 11:10:42 AM
They can not just tax EVs. That would be another nail in their coffin. Can you imagine telling some leftie who is buying an electric car for the good of the planet that he'll have to pay a tax for every mile he drives it? What's next taking all the rebates away...

^^^ the electric cars already have the "opposite" of a tax ???
As I noted in another thread... in NJ we don't "need" to tax the EVs since they are encouraged. The fuel tax will be raised every year to meet the revenue requirements of the State. I'm still not sure where the electricity will come from, as the Nukes are being shutdown along with the coal and gas generating plants... it could take 10 years just to complete the "studies" and apply for permits for the offshore wind. Hmmmm. And no need to worry about cost of the power either  ::)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

FL SAAC

How  dare you, you can't tax EV, how unAmerican !

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on September 30, 2021, 11:10:42 AM
They can not just tax EVs. That would be another nail in their coffin. Can you imagine telling some leftie who is buying an electric car for the good of the planet that he'll have to pay a tax for every mile he drives it? What's next taking all the rebates away.
There will be a big boon for hackers who can get into the electronics and reset the mileage.
Older cars you can just change the speedo gear and reduce the miles by a percentage.

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I guess I'm not the average person as we drive much more than that on a yearly basis

Thank God the miles are distributed through various vehicles, must disconnect or redirect the electronics and shut off the phone when commuting

Yes it's possible

I have all UNGOLD cars

Side-Oilers

OBD III is the spy system that will track it for you, and can report to the "officials." 

And possibly some other thingy (not yet invented) that will be mandatory to retrofit to older cars, at some point.

If this is a federal mandate and the good states don't fight it, even rural states like Wyoming and Montana (car/truck friendly for now) will have to succumb to it. 

And how about delivery trucks and 18-wheelers?  How many miles per year does an average big-rig driver rack up...50-to-75 thousand?  More? And they're the hardest on roads.   So, I'll bet that there'll eventually be a special higher tax on them, and that will raise the cost of goods for everyone!

STUPID!
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

OldGuy

You are starting to see how these $3.5 trillion bills (aka. more social "freebies") in congress are going to be paid for.

There is an election coming in 2022-none too soon for me.