News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Autumn leaves and garages

Started by deathsled, October 03, 2021, 05:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

What is it with Autumn leaves and garages?  First off, they like to pile up against the doors when they are closed.  Second, they like to infiltrate garages when the doors are open.  They seem to gravitate toward the interior even when the trees are a distance away.  As if the tree sees an opportunity to infiltrate when the door is open.  Third, when you angrily toss the leaves back to the outdoors, they seem to want to fly back in again.  As if the wind is conspiring with the leaves, giving them a helping hand to touch your car(s) and if they are lucky, hiding themselves in unseen crevices to start their decay.  It's weird.  It's like mother nature trying to get her hands on your car and destroy it with moisture and rot.  One must always be vigilant against her.  That's my rant for today.  Because it happened today.  And has happened many times in the past.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

trotrof1

You can move south where the leaves stay on the trees all year. Then instead you can pick off the iguanas with a air rifle to keep them from eating the leaves.

deathsled

That could be fun.  But aren't iguanas nice pets?  They are fairly intelligent for being reptiles.

trotrof1

Watch Iguana Solutions on Youtube and you will better understand the problems these critters present. Jessica is a pro with a PCP rifle.

FL SAAC

Deep Thoughts  !

Quote from: deathsled on October 03, 2021, 05:07:04 PM
What is it with Autumn leaves and garages?  First off, they like to pile up against the doors when they are closed.  Second, they like to infiltrate garages when the doors are open.  They seem to gravitate toward the interior even when the trees are a distance away.  As if the tree sees an opportunity to infiltrate when the door is open.  Third, when you angrily toss the leaves back to the outdoors, they seem to want to fly back in again.  As if the wind is conspiring with the leaves, giving them a helping hand to touch your car(s) and if they are lucky, hiding themselves in unseen crevices to start their decay.  It's weird.  It's like mother nature trying to get her hands on your car and destroy it with moisture and rot.  One must always be vigilant against her.  That's my rant for today.  Because it happened today.  And has happened many times in the past.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

67 GT350

No matter what, that one leaf will attach it self to the carpet and somehow break into pieces when you go to pick it out!!! HAHAHAHA!!!! Life is strange!!!
RARE  Signature Delete

deathsled

Quote from: 67 GT350 on October 04, 2021, 08:28:53 PM
No matter what, that one leaf will attach it self to the carpet and somehow break into pieces when you go to pick it out!!! HAHAHAHA!!!! Life is strange!!!
Yes, you just described another associated phenomenon exactly as it plays out.  Every time!  You described it very well.