News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Cobra Fibreglass produced by Les Sladek Snr

Started by 7777kx, October 09, 2021, 05:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

7777kx

Over my many years in working on Shelby cars, i have seen a number of replacement fibreglass parts which carry SHELBY FIBREGLASS labels. They are about business card size and it states the parts were manufactured by Les Sladek Snr, Tom Sladek and Les Sladek Jnr. The business was in Jackson, Missouri.
Could any forum members who know tell me about this operation, when it ran etc.....
Am interested to know.
Many thanks Alan

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 7777kx on October 09, 2021, 05:04:22 AM
Over my many years in working on Shelby cars, i have seen a number of replacement fibreglass parts which carry SHELBY FIBREGLASS labels. They are about business card size and it states the parts were manufactured by Les Sladek Snr, Tom Sladek and Les Sladek Jnr. The business was in Jackson, Missouri.
Could any forum members who know tell me about this operation, when it ran etc.....
Am interested to know.
Many thanks Alan
You could always count on their fiberglass parts to fit the best and be the closest looking to the original part compared to any other offering on the market.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

T-Bone68

Sadly, looks like Lester just passed away last month.  Nice obituary.  Sounded like an interesting and talented guy.  Appropriately named funeral home.

https://www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Lester-Sladek/#!/Obituary

"Throughout his life he owned many muscle cars. His prize cars were his 1948 Ford convertible, his 1968 Shelby GT350 and his most recent love was his 2013 GT Premium Mustang which was tuned to his liking which he proudly drove every day until his last.
His love of cars was paralleled with over 80 years of dedication to his craft of creativity and design. He specialized in hand lettered signs and fiberglass fabrication, among his many other talents. He worked for Kern Sign Company, Herb's Hot Rod Shop, McDonnell Douglas, Ford Motor Company, General Sign, Marquette Tool and Die, and his self-owned L & J Fiberglass and Cobra Fiberglass companies where he produced go-kart and Mustang and Shelby parts. His craftsmanship has been sought out and is world renowned."