News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Wanted: 65-66 GT350

Started by OldFordGuy, October 08, 2021, 03:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldFordGuy

Skip this paragraph if you don't care about my story. I wanted to buy one as a teenager back in 1989 when you could pick up a project for $10k. I still have the old Hemmings. 69 Boss 429 in there for $40k. Makes you want to cry. Dad convinced me not to buy back then saying "the economy is not going to do well and people will be selling their toys cheaper". Well, we all know how that worked out. What was attainable became unattainable. Now I'm 51 and disabled/retired. I've done pretty well investing in cryptocurrency over the past couple years. I want to do some nice things for my parents while they are still alive, and I want to fulfill my lifelong dream of getting a 65-66 GT350.

What I would like:
White with blue stripes
Original engine block and trans
Non-Hertz

But, I am willing to consider just about anything in any condition including 1967-68 cars. No yellow or lime green cars please and nothing after 1968. I cannot afford to pay more than $100k and would prefer a straight trade for cryptocurrency. I live in Arizona. Thank you and please send me a PM if you have something that you think fits the bill.
1963 1/2 Galaxie 427 R code
1965 Mercury Park Lane Super Marauder convertible

67 GT350

Brace yourself! 100K will get you many "comments"...Just SAYIN'
RARE  Signature Delete

oldcanuck

Quote from: 67 GT350 on October 08, 2021, 09:54:18 AM
Brace yourself! 100K will get you many "comments"...Just SAYIN'

.... or more than likely just crickets......
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

trotrof1

Probably fewer comments than a 80K pitch.  20% fewer im guessing.

You realize you won't be getting an authentic,operational vehicle at that price right?As far as "missing the boat",I remember an original boss 9 in the L.A. times classifieds in 1982.It needed paint,so I passed on it.whoops.

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

Oh yeah,that boss 9 was $4k.......

67 GT350

Quote from: 557 on October 08, 2021, 12:18:52 PM
You realize you won't be getting an authentic,operational vehicle at that price right?As far as "missing the boat",I remember an original boss 9 in the L.A. times classifieds in 1982.It needed paint,so I passed on it.whoops.

My Boss9 story is, I bought a beautiful Boss9 in Clearwater FLA, drove it home to NY with a cardboard plate on the back that said, FLA In Transit, for under 9K, traded it for a 68 GT500 Convertible and regretted it 3 minutes later while driving it home. Today is would have been a mint 56K mile original car!

Maybe we should start a "Missed the boat" Thread? I have probably about 5.
RARE  Signature Delete

Bill

If someone has a car for the OP, please send him a PM

Enough said  ::)
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0