News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

California to ban gas powered lawn mowers, leaf blowers all lawn equipment

Started by FL SAAC, October 11, 2021, 08:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

LMAO  !

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) signed a bill on Saturday that moves to ban gas-powered lawn equipment in the state - including lawn mowers and leaf blowers - in an effort to limit air pollution.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/576227-california-to-ban-gas-lawn-mowers-leaf-blowers
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Also bans the gas generators everyone will need for the power outages.
They will probably have some type of lawnmower (etc) buyback or exchange program that will cost the taxpayers another 100 million or so.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

Don Johnston

What about gas powered chain saws that are used to clear trees off roads after natural disasters?

FL SAAC

Well naturally they have to be electric also

Donde esta Forrest Gump when you need him?

Quote from: Don Johnston on October 11, 2021, 10:18:20 PM
What about gas powered chain saws that are used to clear trees off roads after natural disasters?
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Don Johnston

Gonna need a lot of spare batteries for all that yard equipment.  Golf courses will have to convert the golf carts to electric field mowers.   Well, at least the noise police will not have to deal with leaf blower noise complaints.

USC environmental engineers should determine how much gas is emitted each time a Californian politician speaks.  The new PPE will be political pollution emissions.

Good time to invest on those making or developing electric yard equipment, I guess.   8)

67 GT350

Dirty air is welcome due to battery manufacturers and charging, just like cars.

AGAINST THE PEOPLE OF ENCICOTT, but not against the politicians (One of Andy C's final B jobs to the people)

https://www.pressconnects.com/story/money/2021/04/21/endicott-ny-lithium-ion-battery-plant-begin-production-2022/7318704002/

BUT just remember we all voted for that, right? NY, CA, AZ, MINN, WI, MI...and other...Welcome!
RARE  Signature Delete

deathsled

They should ban food and water too in order to hasten the demise.  Why wait?
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

gt350hr

Kill all the cows and make farting ILLEGAL . This will make room for the MOUNDS of TOXIC dead batteries that will be stacking up. Meanwhile CHINA pollutes by the MILLIONS of tons everyday , something the tree huggers never mention. Progress at it's best.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 67 GT350 on October 11, 2021, 09:10:56 PM
Didn't they all just vote for that?
No vote by the people. The left has a super majority (over 2/3) in all branches of .gov so whatever they decide goes.

India is more polluted than China - who outsources a lot of their dirtiest work to there. India also has the largest slave population in the world with nearly 13 million.

Ford is building it's own battery plant - in TN not MI. Probably the same reason that Tesla went to NV to build theirs. Too many eco nuts who won't allow those dirty batteries to be built in their back yard.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Chad

There is not any grass left in California.  The last three years of draught in California has taken care of all the grass.  I am sure the Governor will exempt it for golf courses

gt350bp

Bought a 56V leaf blower a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier with it! No need to mix fuel and store fuel in the garage. Will be retiring the weed eater and edger, as the brand is expandable with the same battery pack. The leaf blower has a 75 minute use in normal mode and up to 40 minutes in "turbo" mode. More than enough to clean up after mowing and edging. Much quieter and lighter to use. 3 year battery warranty. The neighbors are also happy and I expect they will be making the change too! Try it, you might like it.

Don
gt350bp

67 GT350

Quote from: gt350bp on October 12, 2021, 05:57:13 PM
Bought a 56V leaf blower a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier with it! No need to mix fuel and store fuel in the garage. Will be retiring the weed eater and edger, as the brand is expandable with the same battery pack. The leaf blower has a 75 minute use in normal mode and up to 40 minutes in "turbo" mode. More than enough to clean up after mowing and edging. Much quieter and lighter to use. 3 year battery warranty. The neighbors are also happy and I expect they will be making the change too! Try it, you might like it.

Don
gt350bp

I would but, batteries are so "dirty" and the coal it takes to charge them make for a very dirty environment.
RARE  Signature Delete

OldGuy

Quote from: gt350bp on October 12, 2021, 05:57:13 PM

Don
gt350bp

These products work great for you and I to do our own yards. Ask the man work does yard work for a living how he is going to adapt.

This is just one more in a series of great legislative actions from our guy Gavin.

Frank