News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

California to ban gas powered lawn mowers, leaf blowers all lawn equipment

Started by FL SAAC, October 11, 2021, 08:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 GT350

I thought CA was going to fall off into the ocean?
It is amazing the people that still live there, if you leave, please leave the voting habits in California, do not bring them you. We don't want that.
Every time I hear someone has moved to our area from places like that, I cringe.
Is there a way to send us all the cars?
I think the recall failed because all the people who already moved out of CA would have been the one's that would have voted correctly.
NY and CA governors, Dumb and Dumber.
RARE  Signature Delete

NC TRACKRAT

Wait 'til the first really big power grid goes down in the People's Republik of Kalifornia and all those folks with their electric vehicles and electric lawn equipment come to a massive halt, not to mention the electric pumps at the gas stations. "Get a horse" will be the word of the day once again.
5S071, 6S1467

Don Johnston

I expect professionals will adapt as the construction industry adapted to battery power tools (which are now vey convenient over hand tools and power cords).  I use them and just picked up a battery powered power washer.  Recharging power comes my net metered PV panels,  Power utility bill went from hundreds of dollars monthly to shelling out a few twenties now. 

We used home equity funds and paid off each of past two house systems in less than five years.  We have had PV systems over 20 years and continually do upgrades every few years as systems, like batteries, improve.

With highest utility charges in U.S (about 2.5 to 3 times national average), it made perfect sense, not for saving the planet so much, but saving my wallet.  My favorite noise makers are the big loud toys with stripes in the garage and still using them as best and as long as possible.

All the PV power effort was done voluntarily for personal economic motives, not something that was regulated or mandated, yet.  Going with a battery system next as the prices are dropping and efficiency is increasing.    Science and industry is making suburban off grid technology more available and affordable.   8)

texas swede

Sweden is just like CA. They closed one of the nuclear plants which was working very well.
That created a shortage of power and the Government had to buy electricity from Poland and Germany
made from their coal plants. This was last winter. A couple of days ago a judge stopped two wind mill
parks with more than 150 turbines due to the problem for the Laplanders (Same) with their reindeer
business. We will see if the Government has to tear down the turbines. I can't understand why people don't see Climate Change for what it is, a transfer of money to underdeveloped countries. One world Governance or as the communists call it,
The International. The same people that couldn't stop the virus from spreading all over the world think they can reduce
the world's temperature by increasing taxes. Give me a break!!!!
Texas Swede  P.S. Greta is Swedish.

gt350bp

I agree with Mr. Johnston. I worked high-rise construction and who wants to drag power cords around the site? Battery technology and efficiency is getting better and better, as more and more engineers work on this technology. I love not having to mix fuel and keep it in my garage and not having to strap a heavy blower on my back with a noisy / hot engine in Florida. By the way, there are even better more powerful battery leaf blowers and weed eaters for commercial use.

Don
gt350bp 

TOBKOB

Quote from: gt350bp on October 13, 2021, 07:50:30 AM
I agree with Mr. Johnston. I worked high-rise construction and who wants to drag power cords around the site? Battery technology and efficiency is getting better and better, as more and more engineers work on this technology. I love not having to mix fuel and keep it in my garage and not having to strap a heavy blower on my back with a noisy / hot engine in Florida. By the way, there are even better more powerful battery leaf blowers and weed eaters for commercial use.

Don
gt350bp

But the point is that is your choice and that's ok.. :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970