Author Topic: Anyone ever sit in their Shelby (or other prized car) alone in the garage?  (Read 2611 times)

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone ever sit in their Shelby (or other prized car) alone in the garage?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2021, 06:50:45 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ12fKVuHsM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7MGYLqMe0E
Spot on!  The Beach Boys were great vocalists.  But how times change.  From them dressed in shirts and ties to Kurt Cobain dressed in ripped clothes and smashing his guitar on stage (though he learned that from Pete Townshend of The Who.)  Grunge is every bit as good though.  I like music from 200 years ago or 20 years ago.
. J.Hendrix behaved in a similar fashion….. 8)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2021, 10:33:53 PM »
As "Bob from Shelby-American" listening to Cosby sitting at the wheel of the Cobra making engine sounds said, "why don't you start it up?"  ::)

actual LOL, good one - thanks Doug
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2021, 11:29:04 PM »
I've been known to do all of the above, plus savoring the old car smells, gently touching the wear patterns on the upholstery & door panels, and closing my eyes to remember who was in the car with me, where we drove, what we did, on any of the hundreds of memorable days of yore.   

It's the best meditation transportation machine I've ever found.  With the engine off.  Or even in the years it didn't have an engine at all.
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2021, 12:21:19 AM »
Last ride I ever had with my best friend was in my dad's (my?) 2013 Laguna Seca headed eastbound on Kingston road which morphed into the 401 in Toronto as the sun was setting. He greatly appreciated the short drive in the Boss for sure. I still remember the drive every time I get in that car. RIP Dano.

S7MS427

• View Profile
    • S-Tech Enterprises, LLC
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2021, 09:26:59 AM »
Oh yeah, I was doing that just last night.  Sitting in my Hertz car just thinking about driving it again and where I'd go even though it was up on ramps and jack stands as the transmission is out of the car for rebuild.  The original engine is also scheduled to be resurrected from the dead.  OK, not the first time I've ever done that before with either car.  My son is guilty of the same thing, again with both cars.
Roy Simkins
http://www.S-TechEnt.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2021, 01:15:39 PM »
Oh yeah, I was doing that just last night.  Sitting in my Hertz car just thinking about driving it again and where I'd go even though it was up on ramps and jack stands as the transmission is out of the car for rebuild.  The original engine is also scheduled to be resurrected from the dead.  OK, not the first time I've ever done that before with either car.  My son is guilty of the same thing, again with both cars.

Strange things happen around these cars. I was sitting in mine late one night locked in the garage, breaking hard for the turn before the big straight away at Lemans and the wife came looking for me to make sure I wasn't dead and overheard me talking to the pits on the walky-talky.

She said "why do you talk to yourself like that?" I said "because I'm the only one that listens!".

Shelbys are somewhat of an inter dimensional devise easily capable of time travel. It is an amazing phenomenon?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2021, 01:42:35 PM »

Strange things happen around these cars. I was sitting in mine late one night locked in the garage, breaking hard for the turn before the big straight away at Lemans and the wife came looking for me to make sure I wasn't dead and overheard me talking to the pits on the walky-talky.

She said "why do you talk to yourself like that?" I said "because I'm the only one that listens!".

Shelbys are somewhat of an inter dimensional devise easily capable of time travel. It is an amazing phenomenon?
Remove the question mark on your last sentence and you stated it perfectly.