News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Yesterday/today shooting scenes Christine

Started by deathsled, October 15, 2021, 08:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

http://www.thennowmovielocations.com/2011/12/christine.html

I always enjoy seeing how the topography, buildings and homes change over time and sometimes they do not...
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

I worked on some Ford promo videos and ads. A guy who worked for the production company had an app on his phone where he could search for locations. It took into account area, sq ft, type, era and a bunch of other things that made his job very easy - until it came to the permit process. Owner permission, neighborhood permission, city permission, then paying everyone off. Area was the most critical thing. There is a 30 mile circle around Hollywood and when you go outside of it labor contract costs take a big jump. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_zone
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Interesting.  I had never heard of the Studio Zone before.  Were some of these locations in Christine near your area?

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on October 16, 2021, 02:05:31 PM
Interesting.  I had never heard of the Studio Zone before.  Were some of these locations in Christine near your area?
Pasadena 20 minutes the Valley another 1/2 hour.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on October 16, 2021, 02:26:59 PM
Pasadena 20 minutes the Valley another 1/2 hour.

Dreamy

TA Coupe

They shot 2 films in front of our house In the 1990s. One of them was about the Oakland hills fire that happened in 1991 and part of the location was directly across the street from our house on a slight hill. Our house was going to be in the background of some of the shots and they had us sign a paper saying we were OK with that and they were supposed to send us a check for $1 which I was going to frame but we never did get it . It stared Lavar Burton and one day I walked over to where they were shooting from and I got a couple of pictures of him and his directors chair. The other film was True Crime with Clint Eastwood.. I came home and part of the street was blocked off and there were police cars everywhere and a helicopter overhead. They were shooting a scene of him driving up-and-down the road in front of our house and in between shots one time I ran out and pulled a couple of the cars out onto the street to see if they would make it into the movie which they did not because they digitally altered just about everything from that scene. They didn't ask us to us sign any release forms for that 1 though. One interesting thing is that the Chase vehicle with the camera on it was a mid eighties Mustang with a Chevy engine in it and the cameraman sat just above and outside the front left tire area.. The car was left parked in the hills for a while and 1 day I said if they don't come and get this I'm going to get a trailer and take the damn thing But the next day they came and got it.  I had an aunt lose her house in the hills fire and just recently a nephew that lost his house in another one of the fires we had out here.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Side-Oilers

Richard:  That's what the initials for the TMZ tabloid show refers to:  Thirty Mile Zone.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model