Author Topic: How far back can we get Mart report on Mustang?  (Read 4266 times)

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: How far back can we get Mart report on Mustang?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2021, 04:01:19 PM »
Bill>>> just found out that my Italia and all others  are listed in a new book on Intermeccanica Italia's etc, that released,  engine information, colors, production dates, build changes, Holman & Moody's parts with pictures etc.
 I did give you one showing 65 fastbacks, fairlaines, ? 67 TA, 427 boats, hipo engines sitting in shops of H/M.
Even though not proper to some now, never over until the fat lady gets on stage and sings
Respectfully,
John

Let me know when you get it, I'd love to see the tech sheet for your car.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2021, 09:25:24 AM »
Shelbyman,
You may have known John Cooper from Mi. He owned the largest privatly held conveyor/line assenbly plants in N America. Whe I refer to the 45-50 collection, it is John's.
He was a real focus in the Bird Clubs for many years.
Supercharged F birds and more.
It sounds like you have a difficult to spell last name, so do I, why Big Jim Cowles penned me " John From Utah, which stuck.
As I mentioned, Louis was a fine lady, right place at the right time too.

Bill, I have not ordered the book. A historian from Italy, of which assisted in the books writing, contacted me after a post I did on a Intermeccanica that was being publicly sold. Bid to about 125K. as I recall, no sale, but next day was announced it roughly sold at 185K. Which sellers thought was still to cheap, but finished deal anyway. Seller wanted over 200K . Its color highly resembles the Calypso red used by ford, drop dead stunning color.

Reisner family, which built the cars in Italy back in the 60's-70's,  restored the Italia for him. My opinion is it had many faults as far as being a Concour example for points showing.
Show the pic if you want of the H/M facility.
Respectfully,
John

Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2021, 10:05:56 AM »
Shelbyman,
You may have known John Cooper from Mi. He owned the largest privatly held conveyor/line assenbly plants in N America. Whe I refer to the 45-50 collection, it is John's.
He was a real focus in the Bird Clubs for many years.
Supercharged F birds and more.
It sounds like you have a difficult to spell last name, so do I, why Big Jim Cowles penned me " John From Utah, which stuck.
As I mentioned, Louis was a fine lady, right place at the right time too.

Bill, I have not ordered the book. A historian from Italy, of which assisted in the books writing, contacted me after a post I did on a Intermeccanica that was being publicly sold. Bid to about 125K. as I recall, no sale, but next day was announced it roughly sold at 185K. Which sellers thought was still to cheap, but finished deal anyway. Seller wanted over 200K . Its color highly resembles the Calypso red used by ford, drop dead stunning color.

Reisner family, which built the cars in Italy back in the 60's-70's,  restored the Italia for him. My opinion is it had many faults as far as being a Concour example for points showing.
Show the pic if you want of the H/M facility.
Respectfully,
John
I did not know John Cooper. Could have crossed paths many years ago at a Mi car show? possibly but my focus has always been on 69-70 Mustangs and not other Fords. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

gt350bp

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2021, 12:28:43 PM »
Ford Customer Service offers 999 reports for free. I got mine for my 68 KR in 2001 and it appears to be easier on-line now. It is basically a standard Marti report with the information based on the buck tag from what I can tell. Nice because it is on Ford letterhead.

Don
gt350bp

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2021, 01:32:48 PM »
Ford Customer Service offers 999 reports for free. I got mine for my 68 KR in 2001 and it appears to be easier on-line now. It is basically a standard Marti report with the information based on the buck tag from what I can tell. Nice because it is on Ford letterhead.

Don
gt350bp
mine says my GT350 vert came with a red vinyl top  ;D ??? ::) Other than that spot on.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 01:35:25 PM by shelbymann1970 »
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Tired Sheep

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2021, 04:29:01 PM »
Ford reports are notoriously inaccurate because they have junior employees looking up 60 year old codes. You get what you pay for in this case.

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2021, 05:44:07 PM »

Don
gt350bp

Yes
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2021, 05:44:30 PM »
Ford reports are notoriously inaccurate because they have junior employees looking up 60 year old codes. You get what you pay for in this case.

True
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI