Author Topic: Shipping Hood out of NY....  (Read 1505 times)

FordGT

• View Profile
Shipping Hood out of NY....
« on: October 20, 2021, 10:02:02 PM »
Anyone know of a good way to ship a hood safely and at a far price?   NY to Chicago area.......

Anyone picking up anything on the East coast?

Thanks

pbf777

• View Profile
Re: Shipping Hood out of NY....
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 11:44:55 AM »
     GOOD LUCK!    ;D

Years ago, I contacted several freight carriers asking why are we being charged exorbitant fees to transport fiberglass hoods?  The unanimous response was something along the lines of:  We know we're going to fucklle them up, so we charge more!  My response:  Hmm, so let me see if I got that right, your saying that your company is going to provide unacceptable service, so you charge a premium for it?     ???

Between the costs of shipping, and the damage rate, we just gave up on the idea of shipping fiberglass hoods!    :)

Scott.

GT350DAVE

• SAAC Registrar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 03:43:29 PM »
Anyone know of a good way to ship a hood safely and at a far price?   NY to Chicago area.......

Anyone picking up anything on the East coast?

Thanks
I have had good results with Uship.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

Dennis Y

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 01:36:24 PM »
Let me look through my emails when I get home but I had a hood for my 69 shipped from Michigan to Pennsylvania earlier this year. I think the company was Forward Freight but I'll double check. The seller had use them at various times before with good results. He also did a great job building a crate for it. 2 x 4s on the sides and 1/2 inch plywood top and bottom. 1/4" foam padding top and bottom. Charged me $300 and arrived in perfect condition. Had it delivered to my work address where there's a loading dock so that helped with costs also. Here's a pic of it opened and the layer of construction foam peeled back. I'll try and get a better pic of the crate tonight.
(no I don't store it like that, pic rotated when I posted)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 01:44:44 PM by Dennis Y »