News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 GT500 Nightmist Blue -manual (#2107)

Started by Richstang, October 19, 2021, 01:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richstang

Not mine.

'This rare 1967 Shelby GT500 is a solid, clean, and straight local show winner! There is no rust anywhere and it handles beautifully. The vehicle was recently tuned and detailed and its ready for the local car shows.
It is nicely optioned with the original 428 C. I. Police Interceptor engine with correct dual 4 bbl carburetors and four speed Toploader transmission. Options include the competition handling package, tachometer, center mount driving lamps, courtesy light group and extra cooling package.
The Marti report shows this 1967 GT500 is painted in it's original and desirable Nightmist Blue paint with white Le Mans stripes. It is also equipped with power steering and power front disc brakes. The interior includes a fold down rear seat, interior decor group with black knitted upholstery, GT500 floor mats and ten spoke Shelby wheels.
This is an exceptionally clean GT500, restored a couple of years ago.
It is well documented; with restoration and maintenance receipts. Yes, it's in the Shelby Registry.
This rare and beautiful 1967 Shelby GT500 is now located in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas area. Its ready for a weekend cruise or a car show. Take home the trophy!'

https://dynamicmotorsports.com/showcase/50400/1967-Shelby-GT500-for-sale/

It is a clean, sharp car, but it's clear the restorer was not a Shelby focused shop...with the non San Jose/Mustang details.
The unpainted shock tower beehives, red shocks, caution fan sticker are the glaring issues under the hood.
Who know what else is off. Maybe that's why they mention it as a 'local' show winner.

There are no good interior photos or any chassis photos. Why are there 4 front views and no rear view or trunk pictures?
Its a bit odd to me, they show the Shelby VIN stamped on the right inner fender but, not the Shelby VIN plate.

It is a factory Nightmist Blue, manual (no A/C no emissions). The registry notes it to be a standard rim (wheel covers) car.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Richstang

Quote from: 67 GT350 on October 19, 2021, 01:39:46 PM
https://dynamicmotorsports.com/showcase/50443/1967-Shelby-GT500-for-sale/

The red, race car linked above should be in it's own thread.
Let's keep this thread focused on the Nightmist GT500

I started a new post for comments on the red road racer with a link below.
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16650.0

honker

The owner was looking for info on the car here, Feb. 9th. 2021.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Richstang on October 19, 2021, 01:08:30 PM
Not mine.
There are no good interior photos ....... Why are there 4 front views
It is a factory Nightmist Blue, manual ......
Because interior was originally parchment and they wanted to show the excellent front restoration work after Jim crashed it....... ;D ;D ;D
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Richstang

A new web ad listing was just posted with many added photos showing the interior, chassis, and back pictures.
Someone must have been reading our posts. Still no Shelby VIN tag photo...

https://nevadaclassics.com/showcase/50400/1967-Shelby-GT500-for-sale/

shelbydoug

Lots of lurkers here and they have no way of verifying that they are getting the facts rather then speculation.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy

Wow... That poor steering wheel... it's screaming "uncle"...
Tom - DFW, Texas

T-Bone68

Seems like a really nice car at a decent price to me at today's prices.  Cars for $30-40k less usually have a ton of issues.  If you're not bothered by the transmission swap and not showing concours, then looks like a great car to drive and win many local show awards.  You can remove the sticker and paint the shock tower caps.  You could touch up the underside paint details if you really wanted, but I would just enjoy it.  If original engine, carbs, sheet metal, fiberglass, and well sorted, it would be high on my list.

427heaven

Its like kicking a super model playmate to the curb because she has a pimple on her cheek. There are always some that would find fault, then go back to their Pinto and common looking significant other, see what I did there (Politically correct). Anyways nice car, nice weather, ... Take them out and enjoy them as they were meant to be enjoyed! Stay safe and motor on.

427heaven

Well that didnt take long. Congratulations to both buyer and seller! :)

Daveb9

What were they asking for it? Now that it is sold the price has been taken down. I have one like it I have been kicking around selling.

deathsled

Quote from: Daveb9 on October 28, 2021, 11:44:35 AM
What were they asking for it? Now that it is sold the price has been taken down. I have one like it I have been kicking around selling.
Barring any financial strains, why would you ever sell your car?  It's like a divorce as I have likened it in the past.  When you own these cars long enough, they become part of you and who you are.  Even their time before you speaks to another era of its life.  6s843 still sends off California vibes of the Pacific One highway which it drove upon and the Cobra Owners Club of America sticker still remains on the passenger window.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

T-Bone68

Quote from: Daveb9 on October 28, 2021, 11:44:35 AM

Just to capture... $189k