News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

September 1973 images 1966 GT350H in Drag Race Trim

Started by 6s1640, October 30, 2021, 03:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Hi all,

I have a buddy that purchased this 1966 GT350H back in 1972.  It took his entire checking account minus $5 so the account would not close and a brand new tape deck player.  He purchased from a kid that was working at a nearby grocery store.  The car was parked there for three months,  advertised for sale, before my buddy took the plunge.  The car was heavily drag raced with a high rise dual quad set up.  See the modified hood scoop.  And, it does not have the hand brake warning light.  Enjoy

Cory

P.S.  I will see if he has better pictures to share.

GT350Lad

Great pics Cory. Thanks for sharing

Any Idea what number it was?

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

Thank you, Cory!  Great pictures from back in the day.  I am liking the Cragars on the beast...
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Most unique hood scoop ever!!!Thanks for sharing.

Side-Oilers

A couple of my car buddies, who lived in more rural areas than I did, had poor-man hood scoops sort of like that. 

They simply "found" a couple of those old style home mailboxes for newspapers, cut the car's hood, and pop riveted it in.  Free hood scoop!
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

6s1640

Quote from: GT350Lad on October 30, 2021, 04:48:11 AM
Great pics Cory. Thanks for sharing

Any Idea what number it was?

Cheers

Hi GT350Lad,

My buddy allow me to post images without ID'ing him.  The car is in the 1400's.

During the restoration of the car, he experience a nightmare we would all dread.  He had found a shop to do the tear down, paint and reassembly and restore.  He gave half the estimated cost up front.  Somewhere into the restoration, he was checking up on the car and the shop was closed and all boarded up.  He called and called the owner, but no answer.  He had to hire a lawyer, eventually tracked down the guy and got the car and most of his money back.  Needless to say, he finish restoring the car on his own.  It took a little longer than it should have, because the restorer just through everything together, one pile of parts.  Ugh.   No way was he going to let anyone touch the car.  I shiver to think about it.

Cory

GT350Lad

No worries Cory. All good.
The restoration nightmare for sure. Glad he got ger back together in the end
Cheers
6S373
6S1276

shelbydoug

When you use the mailbox for a tunnel ram hood scoop, do you leave the flag on it?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

Quote from: shelbydoug on October 31, 2021, 08:46:19 AM
When you use the mailbox for a tunnel ram hood scoop, do you leave the flag on it?
My thought is that he would leave rhe flag. Built in accelerometer.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbydoug

That could never work here. If I left the car parked, for sure I would find undesirable mail stuffed into the box.

So you would start with the flag up and let the acceleration push the flag down?

I don't know? A red flag here could be a problem too?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!