News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

2007 GT 500 white vinyl stripes

Started by gt350bp, November 02, 2021, 05:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350bp

Does anyone know if the 2007 GT 500 factory stripes are Performance White or Oxford White? Trying to find the correct color for a Cervini "ram air" hood similar to a GT 500KR hood. My invoice just says "white"!

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Don
gt350bp

davez

When we have to match these for collision repair we use Oracal Hull White in their 951 premium line. It actually looks like a very light grey by itself on the roll.
dz

gt350bp

Thanks Dave! My stripes don't look to have any gray tint to them and Cervini's claim they would either be Performance White or Oxford White?

Don
gt350bp

davez

Don
Neither 3M, Avery, or Oracal have colors called performance or oxford white. Not sure where Cervinis are getting the names. If Ford were to produce them, those vinyls are not made and available in rolls like we buy lettering or Wrap vinyl. Also depending on the quality line, short term , intermediate, performance vinyl and wrap vinyl the whites may have slight different shades to them. Some are true white, some have a blue or red hue to them next to each other.
The picture with the perforated holes is  Oracal Hull White. It's what I have found to be a match. The other individual piece is regular White vinyl.
The other pic is the same 2 vinyls next to each other. By themselves they look white against the paint. Side by side you see the difference. PM me your address and I can send a sample to you in the mail.
Dave

Richstang

Oxford White and Performance White are Ford Paint colors.

Oxford is the paint color used on the 84 Mustang GT350 and the 2015 50th anniversary Mustang.
Not likely the stripe color, but Ford does use it on some newer Mustangs such as 2018-2022 models.

Performance White is also a modern Ford paint color.
I believe it was used on the 2005-2009 Mustangs and is listed at the least for 2010-2013 as well.

I would think it is best to match any samples to the car, to get a good vinyl tape match.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

davez

Rich
Wimbledon white code M is the paint color for 1965 -1971 mustangs and 1965 - 1970 Shelbys
I think oxford white was first used in the 80's 90's
dz

Richstang

Yes, that is absolutely correct. I mixed up Wimbledon and Oxford.
I will adjust my previous post.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar