News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Consensus on BFG TA's

Started by PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy, November 07, 2021, 11:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Quote from: Side-Oilers on November 22, 2021, 01:16:07 AM
^^^ Brett, remember Gary Bryson, the Goodyear PR rep in the '80s?    He'd give you a set of tires for the project car, plus another set for your own car, a set for your girlfriend's car, and a set to take to the Pomona swap meet. 

After he got fired/quit, BFG stepped up and gave us just about as sweet of a deal.   

The BFG PR rep told me that they wanted to blow Goodyear out of the water in terms of car magazine coverage. BFG opened the doors of their warehouse to editors, and pretty much got on every Hot Rod, Car Craft, PHR, Super Chevy, Street Rodder, etc., project car for years.

My dad's boat trailer ended up with a set of their trailer tires, somehow, too.

Ahhh, the good old days!

That's not fair.I would have accepted a trailer load of tires as a bribe! I do wear FORD sneakers.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

I have BFGs on my Boss and the car looks great. On my 66 I have inside mounted Cooper Cobras, I like the blackwall not a fan of looking at the car and seeing the blue/while lettering. Other than that, if you are running them black outside, go with the Coopers....a little cheaper...(shhhhhh, I am sure CC's will jack up the price when they figure that out).
RARE  Signature Delete