News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

A/C Compressor Clutch Questions

Started by nightmist67, November 09, 2021, 11:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightmist67

What is the correct A/C compressor clutch (P/N) and finish (e. g., silver cadmium, phosphate/oil) for a 1969 Shelby?

SChatman

Every other one I've seen has been the silver cadmium but that being said my 69 350 has a black one.
I've attached a picture of mine that was rebuilt by Classic Auto Air but it was black when I sent it to them. I don't know if you can tell or not with it still in the packaging but I'm not ready to install it yet.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: SChatman on December 22, 2021, 10:06:57 PM
Every other one I've seen has been the silver cadmium but that being said my 69 350 has a black one.
I've attached a picture of mine that was rebuilt by Classic Auto Air but it was black when I sent it to them. I don't know if you can tell or not with it still in the packaging but I'm not ready to install it yet.
The 69/70 Shelby A/C clutch regardless of if BB or SB was the silver .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Yours may have been replaced at some point with a service replacement. Service ones for some reason even made in 69 were often painted black
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Just to confirm the correct style being discussed is the correct type since the only description was color. The clutch factory used on 69/70 Shelby was of the type that uses the two piece style with silver outer pulley half and silver round donut shaped electro magnetic inner half. The style with brush set bolted to the top side of the compressor making contact with the clutch is typically painted black and a common service replacement. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

nightmist67

My A/C compressor clutch is the two-piece style with silver outer pulley half and silver round donut shaped electromagnetic inner half.  What is the Ford part number for this particular A/C compressor clutch?  The only A/C compressor clutches that I have seen listed for sale are the latter service type.