Author Topic: 66 Mustang 4 speed convertible rocking the Autobahn  (Read 1029 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
66 Mustang 4 speed convertible rocking the Autobahn
« on: November 16, 2021, 11:07:55 AM »
In Deutschland!
 https://youtu.be/rGtB0Fwgk38

Note the metric speedometer. Must be a native car. An export.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

67 GT350

• View Profile
Re: 66 Mustang 4 speed convertible rocking the Autobahn
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 11:31:52 AM »
Is it me, but it seems like you take your life in your own hands in the Autobahn. I noted the rear view mirror shaking, and noted he could not figure out which key and upside down usage? The door popped open, (maybe he was reenacting Ken Miles open door). WOW
RARE  Signature Delete

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 01:31:01 PM »
Is it me, but it seems like you take your life in your own hands in the Autobahn. I noted the rear view mirror shaking, and noted he could not figure out which key and upside down usage? The door popped open, (maybe he was reenacting Ken Miles open door). WOW

I have driven the Autobahn a few times and YES you do take your life into your own hands.  The Germans have a number of high speed deaths there every year.  BUT all are taught about keeping the right lane for slow traffic, left for fast and to be acutely aware of high speed cars coming at you before changing lanes.  The Germans are very good drivers and overall left a very favorable impression with me.  And yes, it drove me crazy watching him try to figure out which key to use and the fact that the grooves point upward.  Other than that, it was fun to see the car open up and let her rip for a bit.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 04:16:56 PM »
Fun to watch.  200kph (124 mph) in an old Mustang is more of a white-knuckler than 300kph (186 mph) in just about any new car. 

I've driven on the autobahns many times, and my biggest concern in that Mustang would be not having anywhere good enough of brakes to get yourself out of trouble, should the traffic ahead suddenly slow down.

The guy has yet to figure out that his turn signals don't self-cancel. Made that left turn onto the autobahn on-ramp with the right turn signal still blinking.  Drove that way on the road too.

The car did great, however, and I hope he gave it a nice bath and a pat on the rear fender for taking him out on that early morning and not blowing up/breaking down/overheating or otherwise giving him any trouble.

He should invest in a tach, however.  His car probably has 3.00 or taller gears to run that speed, for that long, without the engine coming apart. The engine sounds pretty much stock.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 04:22:43 PM by Side-Oilers »
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 07:39:16 PM »
Know when to quit  :

1 when you have to wear gloves to drive

2 when you can't figure out what key starts the car your about to drive

3 when the door doesn't close properly

4 when you kick the sh#t out of the accelerater pedal to start the car

5 when your make pretend race car runs out of breath at 125 mph

6 last but not least, when a mini van with a mommy passes you like you where standing still

The End or "Das Ende"
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 02:24:25 PM »
Know when to quit  :

1 when you have to wear gloves to drive so he didn't get slivers from the steering wheel

2 when you can't figure out what key starts the car your about to drive couldn't figure out a car that doesn't have a fob you leave in your pocket

3 when the door doesn't close properly typical American car or Mercedes post Chrysler ownership

4 when you kick the sh#t out of the accelerater pedal to start the car what no EFI

5 when your make pretend race car runs out of breath at 125 mph all in at a buck 20 - mom's grocery getter

6 last but not least, when a mini van with a mommy passes you like you where standing still see attached

The End or "Das Ende"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiC03_wVjc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlQCHpqqXkk
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 02:44:02 PM by 98SVT - was 06GT »
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 02:31:11 PM »
Das finde ich wunderbar, und ich liebe nadine

Know when to quit  :

1 when you have to wear gloves to drive so he didn't get slivers from the steering wheel

2 when you can't figure out what key starts the car your about to drive couldn't figure out a car that doesn't have a fob you leave in your pocket

3 when the door doesn't close properly typical American car or Mercedes post Chrysler ownership

4 when you kick the sh#t out of the accelerater pedal to start the car what no EFI

5 when your make pretend race car runs out of breath at 125 mph all in at a buck 20 - mom's grocery getter

6 last but not least, when a mini van with a mommy passes you like you where standing still see attached

The End or "Das Ende"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiC03_wVjc
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy