News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New excited owner, Hoovie's Garage, with a burst bubble thanks to you all

Started by Hoovies Garage, November 22, 2021, 02:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesgt350

Quote from: 427heaven on November 23, 2021, 10:20:10 AM
Nice of you to show the young man, how vintage racing is done. This might be a time to reflect if thats the path he chooses for entertainment value. There is a lot more then meets the eye, to hustle a race car around ANY track, even if you have the check book to pay for it. Best of luck to all parties in this adventure.

An MCA / SAAC Track Event would be a good place to start.  I love watching the Cars get out there in their different Classes to see the difference in the skill levels. 

CSX 4133

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on November 23, 2021, 12:30:42 PM
Quote from: 427heaven on November 23, 2021, 10:20:10 AMThere is a lot more then meets the eye, to hustle a race car around ANY track, even if you have the check book to pay for it. Best of luck to all parties in this adventure.
I suspect he may have a lack of restraint to be a successful hustler of cars around a track. If one hops around that much just showing his car to his wrench can you imagine the donuts he'll want to do every time he passes a spec Miata on the track? It also takes a lot of commitment to toss a couple grand to the wind every weekend you want to run a vintage race.

98SVT was 06GT, for me the issue isn't with Spec. Miata's, it's the Porsche 911S's, RSR's and AProd. Corvettes! FYI the 2 grand figure will be eaten up in just entry fees, tires (2 sets) and 25-35 gallons of fuel will eat the better part of another 2 grand plus.    :D