Author Topic: New excited owner, Hoovie's Garage, with a burst bubble thanks to you all  (Read 7403 times)

Imagine the excitement of buying a dream car that was so far out of reach a few years ago, and the reason you own it is solely because of a goofy YouTube channel that makes it possible. You end up joining the club (paying) and then updating the registry with excitement, AND THEN joining this forum and start reading things about yourself like this:

Why do I think of Pee Wee Herman  ::)
I actually grew up watching Pee-Wee, so the facial expressions may have been an influence.

One last thing :

Karnac the Magificent predicts this vehicle will be For Sale in the near future

For you? $250,000! Might subscribe to Ed MacMahon's old friends Publisher's Clearing House and it's all yours!

Gee, it's too much car for this snowflake to know how to drive. 

Apparently, it takes more than a goofy expression and jumping around like a hyperactive child, to be able to handle a vintage race car.

My 1970s group of car buddies would call a guy like this a "F***-Stick."
This seems like the type of person that would actually get mad when someone says OK boomer, as the reference aptly applies.

Ah, leave him alone.

He learned to drive in a video game. He needs to come to grips with reality, like for one thing, "gee, I could get killed driving this thing?"

Snowflakes melt and disappear. He will too.
I am not going anywhere. My influence is growing at about the same rate as your prostate.

He's just one more example of  "the dumbing down of America" in action.
I do call it "the dumbest automotive channel in all of YouTube" proudly. It seem like your generation is doing a pretty good job running things, am I right?

I have to say, I'm really disappointed to see this seems to be the culture of SAAC members. I am a goofy guy, and it is a car that I don't feel qualified to drive, even though I have tracked some, been to Bondurandt's school a long time ago (RIP), and have managed not wreck anything, but really guys? Should I not take it personally because I'm not old enough to have bought mine from a newspaper ad in 1970 for $2500?

Tomdeg

• View Profile
Re: New excited owner, Hoovie's Garage, with a burst bubble thanks to you all
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 03:49:49 AM »
First off… welcome to the club.
It’s really unfortunate that your introduction was met with with some unfavorable comments by a few.
The comments were surprising because since I’ve been on this forum I’ve seen nothing but generosity and camaraderie from all. An amazing group of enthusiasts.

I, for one, commend you for being able to monetize your love of cars, (something I’m sure most of us would love to be able to do). I’ve seen some of your videos and they are entertaining.
I’m just glad you were able to replace the lime green clone with the real thing. :)

So, don’t take the comments to heart, enjoy the crap out of that monster, and drive it like you stole it, cause that’s what they were made for.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 05:40:28 AM »
Hoovie- Congratulations, I see you met the forum members.

Here's a guide for you, ignore anyone that regularly posts in the forum section called the lounge. Even worse is anyone that likes to post responses to those posts. They have even less credibility.

I like to think of it as SAACs "tool" chest. Please don't judge everyone here by these people. It's the lack of adult supervision they can't handle. Unfortunately, the club does encourage this behavior. It's been going on far too long.

Pete

www.thecoralsnake.com

« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 05:47:13 AM by Coralsnake »

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 06:52:38 AM »
First off, welcome to the forum, you'll find it an eclectic bunch, a large, sometimes dysfunctional family, but a family just the same.

Second, great car, I know the seller well, and the car. If there is ever a true "keeper", this would be the one I'd suggest. Get it on a track, even if just once, and you'll understand.

Third, enjoy the ride, and listen to what Coralsnake posted above.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

propayne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 07:36:43 AM »
Welcome Hoovie -

Love your car and I enjoyed watching your video.

Stick around, there is lots of invaluable information on here.

In time you will start to learn the lay of the land  ;D

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 07:55:32 AM »
Imagine the excitement of buying a dream car that was so far out of reach a few years ago, and the reason you own it is solely because of a goofy YouTube channel that makes it possible. You end up joining the club (paying) and then updating the registry with excitement, AND THEN joining this forum and start reading things about yourself like this:

Why do I think of Pee Wee Herman  ::)
I actually grew up watching Pee-Wee, so the facial expressions may have been an influence.

One last thing :

Karnac the Magificent predicts this vehicle will be For Sale in the near future

For you? $250,000! Might subscribe to Ed MacMahon's old friends Publisher's Clearing House and it's all yours!

Gee, it's too much car for this snowflake to know how to drive. 

Apparently, it takes more than a goofy expression and jumping around like a hyperactive child, to be able to handle a vintage race car.

My 1970s group of car buddies would call a guy like this a "F***-Stick."
This seems like the type of person that would actually get mad when someone says OK boomer, as the reference aptly applies.

Ah, leave him alone.

He learned to drive in a video game. He needs to come to grips with reality, like for one thing, "gee, I could get killed driving this thing?"

Snowflakes melt and disappear. He will too.
I am not going anywhere. My influence is growing at about the same rate as your prostate.

He's just one more example of  "the dumbing down of America" in action.
I do call it "the dumbest automotive channel in all of YouTube" proudly. It seem like your generation is doing a pretty good job running things, am I right?

I have to say, I'm really disappointed to see this seems to be the culture of SAAC members. I am a goofy guy, and it is a car that I don't feel qualified to drive, even though I have tracked some, been to Bondurandt's school a long time ago (RIP), and have managed not wreck anything, but really guys? Should I not take it personally because I'm not old enough to have bought mine from a newspaper ad in 1970 for $2500?

Yes, well welcome to the group. Look out for the spitballs when you turn your back.

First off, yes, my prostate is the size of an NFL football. So? Are you saying that you don't like football? It's a great AMERICAN sport! That may not go over well here?

Next, I get the part that you can't handle this thing on the track. I am quite willing to take the helm and demonstrate how to drive it on the track, but I do think that you should consider putting plates on it for the street. Corvettes are not faster then it and they will magically just disappear, evaporate at a red light next to you. Puff. They just disappear or at least the driver does often hiding under the dash.

That does have a very positive social benefit to us all.

Thinking about it, I don't know anyone that has become a celebratory, self appointed or otherwise, that is able to change the negative reviews that they receive? I suppose that it is worth a try but I would think that will just aggravate the situation further. I personally just take the heat and realize that the critics are just jealous.

Look out for some of the "self appointed apologizers here". Some of them are amongst the sharpest tongues that you will run into and periodically forget to take their own meds and regress. It will just take one wrong turn of their already too tight panties. ;)

Lastly and most importantly. I accept your apology and acknowledge that absolutely no one here is perfect and you probably are going to fit right in as well since you are already proving that you are as dysfunctional as anyone else is here.

Welcome to the group (as in group therapy).
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

cboss70

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2021, 08:10:59 AM »
Hey Hoovie- welcome to the world of collector car forums lol.  There is definitely a subset of folks on this forum, the Boss 302 Reg site etc. that like to bash people and their cars for entertainment or self serving purposes. There are others that offer constructive feedback that's invaluable and unfortunately you have to deal with both to get to the nuggets of automotive wisdom.

I've had many of the same brand cars as you and was happy when I saw your Shelby video.  I have a 66 fastback set-up much like yours- same growl and heavy clutch so I enjoyed seeing you stall it since I've done the same.  Make some more video's on it, maybe try an old Camaro next or even a Model A to introduce to your followers the entertainment a vintage car can offer. People would be probably be surprised to find a decently set up 60's mustang handles as good as an 80's Lambo (actually both are bad!). Anyways, nice job on what you have done to get younger people interested in cars and what you have built for yourself.

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2021, 08:18:45 AM »
Hoovie- Congratulations, I see you met the forum members.

Here's a guide for you, ignore anyone that regularly posts in the forum section called the lounge. Even worse is anyone that likes to post responses to those posts. They have even less credibility.

I like to think of it as SAACs "tool" chest. Please don't judge everyone here by these people. It's the lack of adult supervision they can't handle. Unfortunately, the club does encourage this behavior. It's been going on far too long.

Pete

This is by far the best advice anyone could give you on this forum.  There are some unbelievably generous, kind and knowledgable people on this forum and Pete is at the top of that list.  Unfortunately there is group that use use forum as their personal facebook page and it is really gotten to be a drag.  You have to weed thru that crap and just enjoy the good stuff.  It is worth the time.

Corey

www.thecoralsnake.com

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2021, 08:58:58 AM »
As Tony Montana would say :

You see the bad guys pretending to be your friends ?

All they see you as is a business opportunity.

Anyways Aloha and welcome aboard  !
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2021, 09:28:43 AM »
Hoovie, I think my content was relatively neutral regarding your purchase and I was the original poster wanting to share a video (or two) of a new G.T. 350H owner as I myself own a red Hertz. Maybe it was a good idea to post your two videos but then maybe it was not. However the truth shall set you free as to whether you wish to join this organization. Your criticisms have merit.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2021, 09:41:17 AM »
Hoovie, I think my content was relatively neutral regarding your purchase and I was the original poster wanting to share a video (or two) of a new G.T. 350H owner as I myself own a red Hertz. Maybe it was a good idea to post your two videos but then maybe it was not. However the truth shall set you free as to whether you wish to join this organization. Your criticisms have merit.

Yes but admitting that you are crazy doesn't make you un-crazy.

Smiling faces often hide the truth.

In a sense, we are all venting here but we have a common denominator that keeps us together. A gravity of an indescribable common denominator.

I've been through my own version of this seemingly forever? It started with the Cobra guys not wanting to associate with the "Mustang" guys. Then the 289 guys not wanting to talk to the 427 guys.

Then the Ford guys asking if Corvettes are made out of the same plastic as their toilet seats?

Continuing with the Mopar guys wanting to know why there is a roll bar in a "Ford".

Then with Ken Miles giving the finger to the Corvette drivers pulling into the parking lot at the track.

Simply put. Get over it. You'll live longer.

Out of the necessity of survival everyone needs to develop somewhat of a thicker skin they're born with?

No one is going to sympathize with your whimpering.

Deathsled. You don't need to actually carry a gun. "They" just need to worry that you are.

If they think you are crazy enough, many will be afraid to break in to your home since it is probably in their eyes, booby trapped.

Talking about the balance and kick of the pump action on the shotgun helps as well. It doesn't really matter if you haven't fired one or even ever held one.

I like the feel of the "riot guns". The factory sawed off pump shot guns. They are great for close in fighting like when the enemy gets into your foxhole!

You don't have to aim it, just point it in their direction and fire!

See.  8)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 10:56:56 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

s2ms

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • 6S1757 Info
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2021, 01:24:12 PM »
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club and forum! Your fresh enthusiasm and perspective is sorely needed around here.
Dave - 6S1757

bobnoobie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2021, 02:12:57 PM »
with 1.3 million subscribers, it is clearly not enough to reach to all old ford owners :P

I bet 90% member in this forum never heard of Lee jung jae

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2021, 02:24:07 PM »
Likely Fran Hernandez as well.... But maybe I'll be proven wrong...
Tom - DFW, Texas

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2021, 03:31:23 PM »
As I was the original poster of your YouTube link I have to take some responsibility for being the proximate cause of fallout with the ensuing commentary.  I usually choose my words very carefully in life (though not always) and typically refrain from ad hominem attacks as they have no logical merit, but I have no control over what others might say (nor do I want to control what others say).  This site isn't about how many angels can dance on the pop rivet of a Shelby VIN tag though some might engage in such banter which limits the content of this site.  Ergo, the creation of "The Lounge" becomes the counterpoint to lengthy and hyper-selective dissertations on a specific kind of nut or a bolt (not that this isn't important, it is).  Ironically, it wasn't "The Lounge" where I posted your YouTube content but rather in the 1966 area.  You will find there are numerous knowledgeable club members with more info on refined details than I can ever know.  I enjoyed your content and hope you continue to make videos about your Hertz race car. I posted them on the 1966 Shelby section because they were relevant to the car that I own, a red 66 G.T. 350H.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 04:16:16 PM by deathsled »
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"