News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Blue Dot hose pass judging?

Started by tonys_shelby, November 22, 2021, 07:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonys_shelby

Will the Blue Dot P.S. hoses pass Div 2 judging? I don't see the "short" hoses but do see the Dead Nuts has them? Thoughts.

430dragpack

I just bought some C6OA shorties last week from Blue Dot.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: tonys_shelby on November 22, 2021, 07:39:35 AM
Will the Blue Dot P.S. hoses pass Div 2 judging? I don't see the "short" hoses but do see the Dead Nuts has them? Thoughts.
Yes the Blue Dot hoses are a very good replacement and will not be a points deduction in DIV II. Blue Dot makes the short hoses too. Be sure that the P.S. hoses are indexed properly when installed because that situation can still be a minor deduction depending on how far off from normal.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Tor

Hello
How about the hoses Dead nuts on are selling?  :https://www.deadnutson.com/hoses-7/

Tor

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Tor on November 22, 2021, 01:45:09 PM
Hello
How about the hoses Dead nuts on are selling?  :https://www.deadnutson.com/hoses-7/

Tor
The hoses Dead nuts on sells appear to be Blue Dot but you should ask to be sure.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

tonys_shelby

Ok great thanks. I'll look back and see if I have a photo of how they are supposed to be indexed.

shelbymann1970

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Bob Gaines

Just for clarification the picture in reply #7 is of a GT350 but the GT500 would be indexed the same .The hoses should be parallel to the ground. With the lines properly exiting and secured to the control valve It is done mainly by lining the lower and upper hoses properly before tightening the junction placed in the rubber block. It takes three hands I have found.