News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

The future of the classic car post 2030 UK

Started by deathsled, November 28, 2021, 08:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

Side-Oilers

Richard, thanks for posting.   

This is a sharp guy.  It is so refreshing to watch a young person on YouTube act like an adult, present a litany of facts, and draw logical conclusions.

For anyone who hasn't yet seen it, watch to the very end. 

His conclusions about ICE cars versus what the typical "greenie" thinks is good for the environment are very well presented. 

I'll be sending this along to a few car-hating young adults that I happen to know.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

chris NOS

Thank you for sharing , i love the fact that charging a labtop for a  year will produce more CO2 than my old Shelby driven for a year !!
realy interesting , i hope all those  numbers are real .

deathsled

I'll be waiting for those transatlantic battery powered jets to start dropping out of the sky half way to Europe because they don't have the range.  It will give new meaning to range anxiety. 

deathsled

Quote from: Side-Oilers on November 28, 2021, 04:45:42 PM
Richard, thanks for posting.   

This is a sharp guy.  It is so refreshing to watch a young person on YouTube act like an adult, present a litany of facts, and draw logical conclusions.

For anyone who hasn't yet seen it, watch to the very end. 

His conclusions about ICE cars versus what the typical "greenie" thinks is good for the environment are very well presented. 

I'll be sending this along to a few car-hating young adults that I happen to know.
You're welcome, Van.  I like critical thinkers regardless of what side of the aisle they fall on, or their age, though most such thinkers tend toward more one side of the aisle than the other (all reasonable inferences drawn therefrom).

My novella "Faster Than Death" takes place in the future with an "old" 2013 Boss 302 Mustang and my thought parallels his regarding boutique gas stations that will cater to the ICE crowd. 
In a Mad Max situation, I'll take my chances with an ICE car and an AR-13 (mean 15 lol) as opposed to an EV with an expandable solar umbrella, armed with a sling shot.  Oh, and a few cans of Dinki Di dog food.

FL SAAC

We think fossil fuels will be around a bit longer than he or thet predict:

"However, whilst depleting reserves could become a pressing issue 50-100 years from now"

You know just enjoy the moment now 30, 50 or 100 years we will be gone,  adios
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert