Author Topic: Get ready to make reservations at McDonald's  (Read 2428 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Get ready to make reservations at McDonald's
« on: November 30, 2021, 09:12:38 AM »
Good morning comrades,

I ran into this advertising for $25 an hour starting pay at McDonald's. What caught my eye was the resemblance to other poster I have seen before.

The top one is the one they are using to advertise the $25 movement.  The other three posters are ones used in the past by some other party.  Boy do they look and seem to be the same.

I ask myself where is this movement headed ?

At this rate McDs short of staff and with the increase of salaries you will have to make reservations to assure someone will be on site to cook and serve your meal.

Get ready for the $49.95 Un-Happy Meal it's coming !

McDonald's in the United States is willing to pay $ 21 an hour for staff shortages
https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/392139

Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Get ready to make reservations at McDonald's
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 10:19:42 AM »
Commies don't pay this well. Only a clown would. Watch the Big Mac price explode.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 10:58:18 AM »
Recent article on our situation, it's going to be interesting.  Maybe that $49.95 happy meal isn't that far off

High inflation is eating up the budgets of American households

Beef, pork, chicken, dairy, eggs, sugar and coffee all cost a lot more today

The cost of groceries have jumped 5.4% in the past year, marking one of the biggest increases in the past two decades, according to the consumer price index. 

The cost of living has soared 6.2% in the 12 months ended in October, new government figures show.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/high-inflation-causes-meat-sugar-and-other-grocery-staple-prices-to-soar-11636726612

Commies don't pay this well. Only a clown would. Watch the Big Mac price explode.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 11:48:32 AM »
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 12:12:37 PM »
  Let's Go Brandon.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 12:21:45 PM »
Wow, I can get my news right here.

How much more do I need to figure for pistons now?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

vtgt500

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 12:46:44 PM »
What is on the horizon regarding robotic automation is mindboggling.  Such rates for unskilled labor will only accelerate demand.  Backlash being, anyone without a technology field trade will be competing with millions of undocumented immigrants for menial jobs.  The future for American society will only further its divide.   "Hey Doll Face, yeah, you with the gender studies degree, how about another lap dance?

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2021, 01:13:45 PM »
McDonalds still has a 15 cent burger - it just costs $1.50.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2021, 01:15:59 PM »
What is on the horizon regarding robotic automation is mindboggling.  Such rates for unskilled labor will only accelerate demand.  Backlash being, anyone without a technology field trade will be competing with millions of undocumented immigrants for menial jobs.  The future for American society will only further its divide.   "Hey Doll Face, yeah, you with the gender studies degree, how about another lap dance?
Kitchen robot. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyEHRXA_aA4

Been around for a while but waiting for it to go full tilt.  Someone or something is holding back.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2021, 02:53:31 PM »
Case Study:

Went by a burger king today,  viewed their order menu. Whopper meal,  fries and soda about $9. But wait I viewed a value meal consisting of 2 whoppers, 2 fries and 2 drinks for $6. How could that be?

I started thinking on the $9 meal their cost is probably $2 but then  you add in expenses.  Employees, utilities,  rent or if it's not run by a franchisee their acquisition costs of land, permits,  impact fees, development costs etc.

At  $9 dollars I see a profit and a future

At the 2 for $6 not really much profits, maybe a break even. They are hoping for additional ancillary sales like milk shakes,  pastries, ice cream or what ever they have to pull that tickets dollar amount up.

But heck now you throw on employees at $20-25 per hour it is truly a challenging time for all quick serve restaurants

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2021, 06:02:15 PM »
Oh nooooooo, I forgot that every franchise takes royalty percentage in an amount of  5 to 6 percent of volume of sales

Plus advertising fees and insurance

Case Study:

Went by a burger king today,  viewed their order menu. Whopper meal,  fries and soda about $9. But wait I viewed a value meal consisting of 2 whoppers, 2 fries and 2 drinks for $6. How could that be?

I started thinking on the $9 meal their cost is probably $2 but then  you add in expenses.  Employees, utilities,  rent or if it's not run by a franchisee their acquisition costs of land, permits,  impact fees, development costs etc.

At  $9 dollars I see a profit and a future

At the 2 for $6 not really much profits, maybe a break even. They are hoping for additional ancillary sales like milk shakes,  pastries, ice cream or what ever they have to pull that tickets dollar amount up.

But heck now you throw on employees at $20-25 per hour it is truly a challenging time for all quick serve restaurants

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2021, 06:15:39 PM »
That place gives me heartburn (literally).It’s all about Burger King if you want a subpar chain burger…… ;)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2021, 08:03:09 PM »
If the Colonel was still around he would not take any of what's happening lightly.  He would set them all straight. What's this $25 an hour, how about you take home $200 a week and clean your own uniforms

Colonel Harland David Sanders the original fast food gangster  !

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2021, 08:48:32 PM »
If the Colonel was still around he would not take any of what's happening lightly.  He would set them all straight. What's this $25 an hour, how about you take home $200 a week and clean your own uniforms

Colonel Harland David Sanders the original fast food gangster  !

Well if you don't beat, kick and demean your employees how will they know that you love them?

There are reasons that some people with little control take an AR15 and kill everyone at work. I don't condon those actions but I understand where they stem from.

Did the grandson of the Colonel gun him down on the back lot of the farm?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2021, 08:52:57 PM »
“Chicken hunting”accident…..