Author Topic: VIN question.  (Read 1089 times)

Peter L.

• View Profile
VIN question.
« on: November 30, 2021, 11:55:07 AM »
  For the 1969 GT 350, should the door and dash tag consecutive unit number always match the stamped apron number? Just wondering if there were any cars that got different numbers (switched) coming down the assembly line.  Thanks for any help.
KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: VIN question.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 12:07:28 PM »
I would say yes
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 12:16:21 PM »
  For the 1969 GT 350, should the door and dash tag consecutive unit number always match the stamped apron number? Just wondering if there were any cars that got different numbers (switched) coming down the assembly line.  Thanks for any help.
For the 1969 GT 350 the door and dash tag consecutive unit number was engineered to match the stamped apron number. I have never heard of "switched" numbers. Sometimes miss stamped numbers happened .  If numbers got miss stamped it was a mistake. With millions of Ford cars it is bound to happen sometime.  Thankfully for all involved it rarely happened .  I would hate to be a owner on the wrong end of that kind of problem.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Peter L.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 12:41:34 PM »
   Thanks, much appreciated.
KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack