News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1966 Shelbys en France - Rechercher une information / New: Sport Auto Car 8/66

Started by Szabo, December 04, 2021, 04:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richstang

Quote from: chris NOS on December 11, 2021, 06:38:52 AM
i never saw the picture of the car on fire !!! where did you found this one ?

It was on the 'Targapedia' website. Look through the thumbnail photos.
There's about a dozen photos overall, although some are just of the car in the background

http://www.targapedia.com/album_targa_florio/1948_1968/1967/TARGA%20FLORIO%201967%20-%20SHELBY/slides/210%20Ford%20Mustang%20Shelby%20GT350%20a%20-%20Prove%20(1).html
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

honker

Stephan, is this 6S465 ? My files say Targa '67, but I think the race number doesn't match ? Who are the people in the photo ?

Mike

joephil

Henri Chemin (in blue on the right) Claude Lego (from behind black T shirt)
On the left Orange T shirt ???

Szabo

Hello all,

thank you for your replys, i try to answer all

"The Fire Pic" , i have it first from the Autodiva Forum, but it is also found on the SAAC Registry and also on the Targapedia Site, which i found today...
This is a wonderfull Site for Targa Florio Pics and Stuff and look also at the Bibliothek for tons of PDF

"The People Pic" the Guy on the right, with a blue jacket is Henri Chemin, i guess the other could be Claude Lego Edith: JoePhil describe it better

for the Racing Number ... on the "Race Paper (right term ???)" i found it listed as 210, but for some point it is written "?34" on the trunk

really nice to have all that positiv input, keep on going, we can make it ...

honker

Stephan, thanks for the answer to my post above #13 and joephil also !

In this photo posted by Stephan, I wonder who the lady is, and where is the film from her movie camera ?

Also wonder how the car came to be on fire, seems in the photos some time has passed since the crash, we don't see the pilot,

maybe the grass underneath is dry, or some leakage (we can see behind one of the stone road markers broken) from it that finally

ignited on hot parts, or electrical?

Mike

joephil

Quote from: Szabo on December 11, 2021, 04:54:36 PM

for the Racing Number ... on the "Race Paper (right term ???)" i found it listed as 210, ...

Correct  ;)   the number is 210

Szabo

i would like to bring the next to numbers in the Game

SFM 6 S 797

BLUE, no LeMans Stripe

26.01.1966 shipped to FAV
02.1967 Champion Magazin Backround of Johnny Hallyday (Singer) Cover
third Hand Jean Pellacani
1973 / 1974 License Plate 4062 QX 77
(((04.1987 Autopassion Mag Nr. 6, 554 DB 13, inersport sticker ))) not Proofed at the moment !!!

at the Moment it is the only known Pic from the Blue Shelby,
i had luck to getting a inside Pic of the only 2 Site Report, a little more is showed so note
the favourite mod of more light in french

But saddly no License Plate or more Details...

Szabo

the last of the known and research numbers is the RED one

SFM 6 S 1071

23.02.1966 shipped to FAV
27.02.1967 1st unkown Owner
2004 or later repainted in white and transformed to FIA Race Car

at the Moment we have not found a time origin Pic where the car was Red

The Car is still in France and in pure Race Outfit,
thanks to JoePhil we have a wonderfull Articel from a Mustang&Shelby Magazin

The next step is to post the Cars we can see on Magazines or other sources, but dont know the SFM Number...

Any thoughts are welcome.

joephil

SFM6S797
The car was in the Bourdon junkyard (in France) on Route Nationale 7, with a sister intact mechanically but not cosmetically. It would have arrived this scrapyard in 1977. There, Bernard Hachevin (who would have owned a lot of Shelby) is going to buy this 6S797, as well as the parts of the other Shelby. In the 90s Marc (the current owner who lives in Savoy 74) bought this Shelby. It would have the engine of the other Shelby that was scrapped (he said 6S397) which had a good mechanical condition but, I quote, "ax hits all over the place, probably money stuff back then" so a dead body ...

The original exhaust can be seen on the roof of the Shelby.

He waits until he has all the NOS parts to take care of it, but other priorities have made him work on something other than his Mustangs.

joephil

About the GT350 published on 04.1987 in Autopassion Mag Nr. 6, 554 DB 13, intersport sticker:
So it's not 6S797, but maybe 6S947. It belonged to a certain Roland Perret Ducray at the time of the article.
Then registered 930 LV 69 when Burgol bought it and restored it.
If it is 6S947, it is now for sale: https://www.fa-automobile.com/detail-vente.php?voiture-a-vendre=Ford-Mustang-/-Shelby&id=22&v=4212#

chris NOS

In april 1987 Autopassion , we can only guess the serial number , but you are probably right 947 can be .

honker

1965 or 1966 ? GT350 tag, Stephan or joephil, do you know this one, can't make out the chassis number.

joephil

It cannot be a 1965 GT350 because, to my knowledge, only two street models have been sold new in Europe (the first one in Sweden and the second one in Switzerland).
It's not a 1966 GT350 either, because on the plate I think I read 0f0"3"m492551 (the "3" seems to have been omitted) so it's a 1970 GT350 convertible imported by Claude Dubois in Belgium. More precisely, it was bought by a French (traded for a Boss 302) in 1974, Patrice De Bruyne who sold it shortly after in the United States. It is now owned by Gary Boehnlein.