News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 GT 350 currently on Hemmings auction 02320 I believe

Started by casey, December 06, 2021, 04:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casey

I have been a SAAC member for two years, hoping to learn enough to be confident buying a Shelby. I am impressed with the appearance of the 1967 in the Hemmings auction, but concerned with a comment that it is not the original motor. As a person who wants to drive the car, I am not deeply troubled about the motor as long as I properly discount the value so that I can sell it accurately and fairly in 20 years. Can you coach me about the process or better the actual car value. Thank you.

GT350DAVE

First of all check the history of any 67 with the 67 Shelby Registrar. Then hire an expert who knows the cars to look at it for you. The only red car I see for sale on Hemmings unless I am missing something is #2221.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

67 GT350

Its 2320
Due to trick photography which makes it look super shiny it does not look "red" it has a dark red look to it, I missed it and thought is was a fake, because it reminded me of one I knew of that was a Mustang/Shelby  look a like.
I think it has the wrong engine, not sure. I think they might be into re-list-ville.
RARE  Signature Delete

casey

Thanks for both replies. The 1967 Shelby GT350 is on the Hemmings online auction site auctions@hemmings.com it is currently at $110,000. I agree that I need to hire a qualified inspector, the trick will be finding someone with access to Dalton Gardens, Idaho. I will contact the 1967 Registrar this evening. I just purchased the 1968 Registry and then end up looking at a 67. In spite of all my reading I keep finding out how little I know.

67_1183

2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

67_1183

2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

5s386

Probably a good idea for the seller to hide the FORD VIN on the Marti Report.

Kent

Due to the fact that maybe some more people are interested in this car out of this Forum it would be a good idea to post the infos here. Dave?
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

68krrrr

I just started noticing that Hemmings is know offering auctions in the ads as an option .
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

GT350DAVE

Quote from: Kent on December 07, 2021, 04:55:09 AM
Due to the fact that maybe some more people are interested in this car out of this Forum it would be a good idea to post the infos here. Dave?
I don't think it is a good idea for the Registrar to get involved in cars for sale on a public forum unless there is obvious fraud. It is obvious that the person selling this car is not knowledgeable about 1967 Shelby Mustangs. The photos show a lot, the most obvious being the 1965 casting date on the block.
To date no one has contacted me about this car. Anyone interested in purchasing any 67 should do their homework by checking the history and having an expert review the car.
Dave
dmathews@prodigy.net

Kent

Yes for sure, I only meant the normal registry entry but its posted in the other thread so its fine.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

GT350DAVE

Quote from: Kent on December 08, 2021, 03:19:57 PM
Yes for sure, I only meant the normal registry entry but its posted in the other thread so its fine.
That is old data. Best to check with a Registrar on cars for updates and what is in the unpublished notes. I looked carefully at the photos provided by the seller for this car and could assist a potential buyer or the person he sends to evaluate it. There are some notable items that could be discussed on a phone call.
Dave

casey

I am very impressed with the thoughtful and expert help I have received from SAAC as I evaluate the 1967 Shelby. The advice to contact the 1967 Registrar and to hire an expert to evaluate the car are steps I have followed, with an impressive Spokane expert willing to make the drive and help (for too small a fee). I have also had great help from others who are watching the process. I have appreciated the Hemmings auction process because it gives me time to do the homework vs. a live auction, but at this point all of that help and expertise are on hold because I can't get the church owner's rep to respond to the Hemmings post, to phone calls or to emails to the church. I do feel it is an innocent complication. It appears that a volunteer tried to help and likely is unable to keep up with the specific questions that the Hemmings auction has created. I will keep trying and will keep the 700 plus readers of the post updated on my progress.