News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Facebook marketplace: 1962 Shelby 427 Cobra

Started by BGlover67, December 26, 2021, 10:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Yeah, I know, where do you start with this one?  Just when you think you've seen it all.  This has got to be a joke, right?

1962 Ford other
$400,000
Driven 10,000 miles
Automatic transmission
Exterior color: Blue
Seller's Description
1962 Ford Cobra · Other_body_style · Driven 10,000 miles

Shelby Cobra 427  For sale is 1962 Shelby Cobra No low ballers I will not respond to questions asking if it is still available I know what I have and am in no hurry to sell I do not use punctuation so that I can post more words No tire kickers Do not waste my time Also stop asking stupid questions like wanting to see pics of the interior WUSIWUG minor surface rust and yeah it ran when parked.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1000864930831001/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Afdf414fa-ce9a-4cf7-975f-785b5a509847

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Well it does seem"rust free",as all ferrous material long ago returned to the earth.....Also a rare 1962 427..... :o

GT350Lad

6S373
6S1276

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

rhjanes

Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

shelbydoug

Humor is very subjective. If it was possible that it was a real Shelby Cobra I'd be more upset.

As it is, it's just a poor attempt at humor.

If Kopec had gotten a hold of that first, that might be another story? That could have been the lost Bemis Cobra and people running out across the country looking for that junk yard?  ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

BGlover67

Well, I got a responsive from the 'seller'.  I asked him what CSX VIN number was it.

"CSX2000. If you know your history, you will know it is worth much more than I am asking. Gotta go, I have a tooth ache."

Obviously he knows I'm a dentist, and I think he just wanted to have a good laugh, and after all this Covid crap, I certainly welcome it.  Happy New Year everyone!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

sfm5

That'll buff right out! Seriously though, I have seen this same image used for other "jokes".
65 GT350