News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 GT500 #341, a 203.1 MPH car?

Started by 67_1183, December 08, 2021, 07:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Speegle

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on December 11, 2021, 12:02:10 AM
We were at Bonneville and Dean Moon's daughter had to get back to the airport in a hurry. She had a rental Pinto and we tried drafting it behind a Boss 302. It kept falling out of the draft about 110-5. We stuffed a screwdriver through the fuel filter and it would then keep up to about 125. She got there with 20 minutes to spare.

Can you explain this?
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

davez

I'm guessing he means he punched a hole through the Internal screen essentially hollowing it out. Not through the outer case

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: davez on December 11, 2021, 05:45:29 PM
I'm guessing he means he punched a hole through the Internal screen essentially hollowing it out. Not through the outer case
yes
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

J_Speegle

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

FL SAAC

We would like to take a stab at this:

We believe it means that a sharp object such as a rod, a screwdriver or a power drill with a diamond bit was insert through the casing of this distillate fuel filter. Rendering it's internal filtering elements completely useless. But increasing its flow ten fold, thus producing additional horsepower enabling such vehicle to reach it's  potential speed of 203.1 MPH.

Science  !

Oh and be sure to wear personal protective  equipment
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbydoug

Quote from: FL SAAC on December 11, 2021, 09:34:52 PM

We believe it means that a sharp object such as a rod, a screwdriver or a power drill with a diamond bit was insert through the casing of this distillate fuel filter. Rendering it's internal filtering elements completely useless. But increasing its flow ten fold, thus producing additional horsepower enabling such vehicle to reach it's  potential speed of 203.1 MPH.

Science  !

It comes from reading what a pre-frontal lobotomy is. A little knowledge can be dangerous...or not.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

427heaven

^^^^^^^ Looks like that family is preparing to stand in front of Frank Mecum, at a Mecum auction! ;D

oldcanuck

Quote from: 427heaven on December 12, 2021, 09:21:54 AM
Looks like that family is preparing to stand in front of Frank Mecum, at a Mecum auction! ;D

I wonder if Frank got the reserve lifted on the teddy bear ?
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

427heaven

They were preparing for a bid with a FOUR or FIVE in it... Thats when the particulates fly!

BGlover67

Quote from: FL SAAC on December 11, 2021, 09:34:52 PM

Science  !

John Travolta had it right all those years ago.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative