News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

69 GT350 1-8-69 build date. P/S Valve body finishes

Started by SChatman, December 11, 2021, 12:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SChatman

Can anyone tell me what the finishes are for the Power Steering Valvebody? Mine was painted and as I'm rebuilding it I'd like for it to look original. I've looked on this forum and also the Concours Mustang site and if this question was asked and answered, I didn't find it so I would appreciate any help.
Thank you

Bob Gaines

Quote from: SChatman on December 11, 2021, 12:55:58 AM
Can anyone tell me what the finishes are for the Power Steering Valvebody? Mine was painted and as I'm rebuilding it I'd like for it to look original. I've looked on this forum and also the Concours Mustang site and if this question was asked and answered, I didn't find it so I would appreciate any help.
Thank you
The body is cast iron,the end cap is aluminum,the end cap screws are ether bare steel or plated zinc silver,the front nose that threads on the draglink is bare steel ,the clamp is harden darker steel the bolt is zinc phosphate the nut can be bare steel or zinc silver.Ether typically would have been coated with red safety die.  The post shield is bare steel and the sloted screws ether bare steel or plated zinc silver.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbymann1970

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Side-Oilers

Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 11, 2021, 01:09:28 AM
Quote from: SChatman on December 11, 2021, 12:55:58 AM
Thank you
The body is cast iron,the end cap is aluminum,the end cap screws are ether bare steel or plated zinc silver,the front nose that threads on the draglink is bare steel ,the clamp is harden darker steel the bolt is zinc phosphate the nut can be bare steel or zinc silver.Ether typically would have been coated with red safety die.  The post shield is bare steel and the sloted screws ether bare steel or plated zinc silver.

Mr. Gaines, you have amazed me once again with your intense level of knowledge about Shelby resto stuff.

I read my wife what you wrote and she literally said "Holy Sh!t."
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby