News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Will Weber’s clear in a 66 GT350?

Started by JBinAlabama, December 21, 2021, 06:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBinAlabama

jamesfee

Yup. Just don't go overboard on the velocity stacks.

jim
6S1801

JBinAlabama

jamesfee

My pleasure!
Of course I should also caution you as to the going down the path of Webers - they are deceptively simple and complex at the same time. Want to change a main jet?... there's 8 of 'em. It's real easy to end up with box of shiny gold color parts that'll rival your wife's jewelry box <g>
Still, there's nothing quite like em.

jim
6S1801

shelbydoug

Quote from: jamesfee on December 22, 2021, 07:49:20 PM
My pleasure!
Of course I should also caution you as to the going down the path of Webers - they are deceptively simple and complex at the same time. Want to change a main jet?... there's 8 of 'em. It's real easy to end up with box of shiny gold color parts that'll rival your wife's jewelry box <g>
Still, there's nothing quite like em.

jim

First its Webers. Then it's should they have air cleaners? Then it's should they have screens? Then it's should they have taller stacks? Then it's what about headers they should have? Then it's should they have their own room? It never stops right Captain Picard?

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

JBinAlabama

shelbydoug

Quote from: JBinAlabama on December 22, 2021, 08:30:19 PM
Awesome!
What car is that?

That's the engine in my Pantera. Here's the driver's view.

The second picture with the filters on the carbs was an earlier application. I seemed to have solved the reversion issue with the 5" stacks just filtered by the screens.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

6s2055

I have run Webers on two Shelby's, a Cobra and a '66 GT350. A few comments! First, while there is no problem in hood clearance as stated, performance is really dictated by other factors such as cam selection.Second, as mentioned tuning them is an art, with about hundreds of combinations. Imulsion tubes, idle jets and primary jets. I learned the best way....other than hoping for luck...is to make changes on a chassis dyno. Also, once set remember that change in elevation changes everything. I ran at Sears, Thunderhill, Fontana and Laguna with no changes. Rejetted for the Virginia City Hillclimb, 4000-6000'.Once you know the right combination changing takes about 15-20 min.
Nothing better than the sound of Webers opening up not to mention the WOW factor with the hood up!
🤗

JBinAlabama

@doug. What a set up! I tried to buy a pantera when I was 19 in the eightys, just could not quote swing the price. I was short $700 😂 But it's probably for the best!

@s2055 I can't even wait to get this going? I have lot going on so it may take a month or so.
I'll look thru YouTube videos for jetting lessons. I've never even touched a Weber.

shelbydoug

Here's a warning to you. Once you indulge in Webers, it isn't necessarily that you are addicted. It's more like having malaria. Even though you think that you are cured, and never want it to happen to you again, it can just reoccur at just anytime.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

JBinAlabama

Funny!
I'm getting pretty excited about this project!