News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Let's see some garages

Started by BGlover67, May 07, 2018, 05:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richstang

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on September 08, 2018, 09:22:56 AM
Quote from: Steve Z on September 07, 2018, 09:40:41 PM
My garage  :-\

Why the slanted face?!?!  That's a GREAT stable!  8)

BTW - I'm TOTALLY jealous of your ceiling height!!

I agree, that a nice big garage in height, width and depth.
Very nice collection of cars. Looks like a white Boss 429 under the cover!
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Steve Z

The face is because, I told the wife I had a " PROBLEM" The garage is getting to be too small. She says get rid of some cars! PROBLEM SOLVED.  :-\

SNAKEBIT

I was going to post a few pics of my 2.5+ size garage, but after seeing some of these other guys super-garages, forget it. I got nothing to offer. Someday, I'll have 2 3-car garages on my property, but that will have to come AFTER I get my first Shelby.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

Corey Bowcutt

Finally making progress on my garage.  The weather here in Maryland is slowing progress this week but we will get there.  It is not as big as I originally planned but the county restrictions must be observed.  It is 20' X 32' with 13 ' ceilings.  Hope to have the Shelby tucked away by winter.

It looks like posting pictures is not working again so I will try the old fashioned way.

http://www.saacforum.com/gallery/483-110918122859.jpeg

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

mark p

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on September 11, 2018, 12:37:47 PM
Finally making progress on my garage.  The weather here in Maryland is slowing progress this week but we will get there.  It is not as big as I originally planned but the county restrictions must be observed.  It is 20' X 32' with 13 ' ceilings.  Hope to have the Shelby tucked away by winter.

It looks like posting pictures is not working again so I will try the old fashioned way.

Looks great Corey! ... gotta follow all of the rules  ???
Good luck getting it all wrapped up.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on September 11, 2018, 12:37:47 PM

http://www.saacforum.com/gallery/483-110918122859.jpeg

VERY nice! And the ceiling height will be awesome for stacking / getting under cars.
Nothing beats a classic!

SNAKEBIT

That pole garage is gonna have tons of room. It will have stairs to a second story above the cars? How many cars can it hold?
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

Corey Bowcutt

If I were to hit the lottery and was able to purchase 3 more Shelbys you could stack and get 4 in there.  But for now it will be one lonely Shelby and my Harley.  I am going to have a lift.  I really want a 2 post but because it is not as wide as I wanted it may make more sense to get a 4 post.  I will make that decision later.

BTW did you all notice the custom weather vane they made for me on top of the cupola?  They had roosters and such and I asked if they could do a profile of my car.  I sent them a few profiles and this is what they came up with.  Not exact but on top of the roof one would never notice.

vtgt500

Working garage and 8500 SF man cave before remodeling.

Bigfoot

Corey,..don't forget that if you decided on a 2 post it has a different requirement for the floor cement thickness .
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

CSX 4133

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on September 11, 2018, 04:03:54 PM
If I were to hit the lottery and was able to purchase 3 more Shelbys you could stack and get 4 in there.  But for now it will be one lonely Shelby and my Harley.  I am going to have a lift.  I really want a 2 post but because it is not as wide as I wanted it may make more sense to get a 4 post.  I will make that decision later.

BTW did you all notice the custom weather vane they made for me on top of the cupola?  They had roosters and such and I asked if they could do a profile of my car.  I sent them a few profiles and this is what they came up with.  Not exact but on top of the roof one would never notice.

This might work for your new garage as  a lift. Much smaller footprint than a four post, and can still be used for maintenance work.

https://www.autostacker.com

Shelby_r_b

A "tight fit" doesn't even begin to describe the first picture, right hand bay.

The second pic shows a more comfortable height to the lift side ☺️

BTW - I sold 3 of the cars in the first pic. I think you can guess which one I kept.
Nothing beats a classic!

Corey Bowcutt

Bigfoot I am having a strip of the pad 6' long the full width of the garage that will be 6" thick to accommodate the 2 post lift so I think I am covered. The rest of the pad will be 4" thick.