News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

69 SCJ install

Started by corbins, December 22, 2021, 03:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corbins

I seem to have a mismatch between the Centerforce pieces and the ford clutch arm . Clutch arm is C8OA 7515 B. Throwout bearing is a Centerforce N1493. They are both suppose to be correct , but bearing will not fit the arm. Ive attached a couple of pics. Can anyone explain which is incorrect ?  Thanks !

shelbydoug

It's the wrong lever arm. It's for the small input, 1-1/16" transmission. Presuming that you have a GT500 with the correct/original transmission?

The throw out bearing that you have is for the "big input" 1-3/8" transmission.

ANY 428 will use the 1-3/8". A 390 or small block would use the 1-1/16"

If you are not sure which transmission that you have, put calipers on the input shaft and measure the o.d.

-sorry, my original post needed editing.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

430dragpack

If you have the big input transmission, like Shelbydoug is asking about, then the fork you need will be stamped with the part number, C8OA-7515-D.  Sometimes they are stamped real faintly.  The fork you have is for 390/390GT Mustang,Cougar, Fairlane.

corbins

Thanks Guys !! Much appreciataed . I will pass this along to the owner. I assumed one or the other was wrong :)
Peace