News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Clamp on power steering valve body to hold down the P/ Hoses on a 1969?

Started by SChatman, December 22, 2021, 05:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SChatman

I have included a picture from the assembly manual but I don't recall ever seeing a clamp in this place before, any thoughts on exactly what clamp it is and where it goes?
I'm pointing to where I think it should go and it looks like it's an ordinary screw hose clamp bu it have know real idea.
Thanks in advance.

Royce Peterson

Yes, same one they used in '68. I think someone is offering them for sale new.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Bob Gaines

Quote from: SChatman on December 22, 2021, 05:08:43 PM
I have included a picture from the assembly manual but I don't recall ever seeing a clamp in this place before, any thoughts on exactly what clamp it is and where it goes?
I'm pointing to where I think it should go and it looks like it's an ordinary screw hose clamp bu it have know real idea.
Thanks in advance.
Yes, that is the place that holds the return and pressure line as they exit the power steering control valve. It is a screw type clamp however the one that Ford used was a Suretite mark brand that is #16 size. That style of clamp was used on mid 1967 to 70 Shelby's and Mustangs.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Royce Peterson

.......and Cougars, Comets, Falcons and any other Ford product of the era with the optional Bendix power steering.

Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 22, 2021, 05:45:27 PM
Quote from: SChatman on December 22, 2021, 05:08:43 PM
Thanks in advance.
Yes, that is the place that holds the return and pressure line as they exit the power steering control valve. It is a screw type clamp however the one that Ford used was a Suretite mark brand that is #16 size. That style of clamp was used on mid 1967 to 70 Shelby's and Mustangs.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock