News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Heater control rebuild with a.c.

Started by 1968shelbygt350h, May 08, 2018, 08:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1968shelbygt350h

Looking to rebuild and replace my heater control valve

Coralsnake

Please let us know if you can find someone to rebuild iy
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on May 08, 2018, 08:35:49 AM
Please let us know if you can find someone to rebuild iy
+1 . No one I have heard of rebuilds a faulty vacuum diaphragm or can replace a rusted away disc that stops the water flow. The best you can hope for is a NOS or a still working valve and cosmetically restore it for show . If the new look is not that important then a used unit. Be sure that it holds vacuum and that the valve inside is still intact and moves freely. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1968shelbygt350h

I have 2 both diaphrams are good I opened 1 and the valve seems fine and the small black seal and it goes up and down with vacuum but it leaks at the bracket with the 3 small screws dont know if it had a gasket and fell apart

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on May 08, 2018, 11:11:00 PM
There was a small oring there
+1.  The O ring does the trick . That is if you can get at it to replace the o ring. Some times one or all of the three slotted screws seize up and are hard to take out if at all.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby