News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New addition, 65 427 Cobra replica

Started by jrmotorsports55, December 25, 2021, 06:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrmotorsports55

I just took ownership of this FFR MKII kit.  This is a dream to me as I will never be able to afford an original and the Superformance cars have climbed out of the affordable range as well.
07 White GT500 Convertible: 1 of 63 with Tungsten rocker stripes.  Numerous mods.

FFR3490: Yellow with black stripes

6S1568

Congratulations, the color alone will be a head turner let alone the sound of those pipes. Perfect X-Mas gift!

Bill

Quote from: jrmotorsports55 on December 25, 2021, 06:15:04 AM
I just took ownership of this FFR MKII kit.  This is a dream to me as I will never be able to afford an original and the Superformance cars have climbed out of the affordable range as well.

Beautiful looking car, which rear suspension set up do you have, 4 link (stock Mustang config), rear coil overs, 3 link? What about drivetrain specs?  FFR chassis number?

If you have not done so yet, you'll want to check in at clubcobra dot com and thefactoryfiveforum dot com.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

mark p

Quote from: 6S1568 on December 25, 2021, 07:51:14 AM
Congratulations, the color alone will be a head turner let alone the sound of those pipes. Perfect X-Mas gift!

+1
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

jrmotorsports55

Quote from: Bill on December 25, 2021, 08:03:51 AM
Quote from: jrmotorsports55 on December 25, 2021, 06:15:04 AM

Beautiful looking car, which rear suspension set up do you have, 4 link (stock Mustang config), rear coil overs, 3 link? What about drivetrain specs?  FFR chassis number?

If you have not done so yet, you'll want to check in at clubcobra dot com and thefactoryfiveforum dot com.

Bill

Thanks, stock 4 link at this time, its an older build (2002), I'll definitely be doing some updating.  FFR3490.

Jason
07 White GT500 Convertible: 1 of 63 with Tungsten rocker stripes.  Numerous mods.

shelbydoug

I agree. Very nice.

Question: are the windshields on those cars set at a different angle then on original CSX3000 cars?

Maybe it's the perspective of the camera angle in that shot but it seems to be down lower like what the drivers would do to the comp cars out on the track with no one looking?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bill

Quote from: shelbydoug on December 26, 2021, 11:08:17 AM
I agree. Very nice.

Question: are the windshields on those cars set at a different angle then on original CSX3000 cars?

Maybe it's the perspective of the camera angle in that shot but it seems to be down lower like what the drivers would do to the comp cars out on the track with no one looking?

Doug,

The windshield angle is set by the builder, in this case (Shawn from DC back in the day), you are correct, the angle is off, even for a fairly stock FFR build.

Bill

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bill on December 26, 2021, 11:39:57 AM
I agree. Very nice.

Doug,

The windshield angle is set by the builder, in this case (Shawn from DC back in the day), you are correct, the angle is off, even for a fairly stock FFR build.

Bill

Can that be adjusted on the FFR?

There was always something that bugged me on the replicas. I think now I realize that it is the angle?

I remember "Peter" coming to the local car shows in the early '80s with his Contemporaries. Eber would be there with his CSX2126 and there would be something not right on the Contemporary? I experienced "words" between them which shot it down for me I suppose?

I find it interesting that the Contemporary is from "Yonkers" and I never realized it? I'm still trying to figure out where that shop was. No one knows now or remembers him? Strange.

When he had moved to Mt.Vernon, Stevens Ave., I bought a flip top gas cap from him for my Pantera. The "Coupe" was sitting there on the floor right outside of the office being finished. The engine was already in. Webers on a 351w could be seen since the hood wasn't on. Must have been about '86?

Peter would always have issues with even speaking to me since I was "Ken's friend" but bit the bullet in selling me the cap but it was still an uncomfortable atmosphere.

I haven't heard of him since he sold the company and it moved to Mamaroneck near the train station.

Closing down might also have had to do with "Monte" passing as well as "THE wrongful death lawsuit". Monte built the chassis over in "de Bronx".  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bill

Quote from: shelbydoug on December 26, 2021, 12:10:03 PM
I agree. Very nice.

Doug,

Bill

Can that be adjusted on the FFR?

There was always something that bugged me on the replicas. I think now I realize that it is the angle?

I remember "Peter" coming to the local car shows in the early '80s with his Contemporaries. Eber would be there with his CSX2126 and there would be something not right on the Contemporary? I experienced "words" between them which shot it down for me I suppose?

I find it interesting that the Contemporary is from "Yonkers" and I never realized it? I'm still trying to figure out where that shop was. No one knows now or remembers him? Strange.

When he had moved to Mt.Vernon, Stevens Ave., I bought a flip top gas cap from him for my Pantera. The "Coupe" was sitting there on the floor right outside of the office being finished. The engine was already in. Webers on a 351w could be seen since the hood wasn't on. Must have been about '86?

Peter would always have issues with even speaking to me since I was "Ken's friend" but bit the bullet in selling me the cap but it was still an uncomfortable atmosphere.

I haven't heard of him since he sold the company and it moved to Mamaroneck near the train station.

Closing down might also have had to do with "Monte" passing as well as "THE wrongful death lawsuit". Monte built the chassis over in "de Bronx".  ;)

Peter (Bayer) now owns Nissonger (Gauges) and is still around here and there. When he sold out to Burtis (father), little did he know he was buying it for Burtis (jr) who had little to no experience in running a business, let alone a manufacturing one. It did not take a lot of time for the company to be run in to the ground, and all records thrown in the trash. FFR bought the molds for the 427SC and 289FIA, maybe even the Ferrari (Ferris Bueller) molds. I remember seeing them in the rafters of FFR back in the late 90's, early 2K neighborhood. Chassis jigs, last I heard, where in a warehouse in California, never to two to meet again.

Bill

shelbydoug

"Scorecard! Can't tell the players without a scorecard!" ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

jrmotorsports55

I agree. Very nice.

Doug,

Bill

Bill, seems you know the car that I bought.  I found some threads on it over on ffcars forum and did send a message out to Shawn as I would love to chat with him about the car.  Seems like it was well built at the time, age had just caught up with it some and it needs a lot of "polishing."

Jason

shelbydoug

Got a picture of the engine compartment?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

jrmotorsports55

Here you go, this is from the sale ad, had it saved on my phone.  Currently need to get hood struts for hinge kit, hood won't stay up (ordered, awaiting delivery).

Jason

jrmotorsports55

I"m going to be documenting the restoration/clean up/upgrades of this Factory Five MK2.  If anyone is interested, here is a link to the playlist that I have so far.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxHMoQInw4EvjRyI3M_6mVHNS3FsRV76S