Author Topic: Plugging the Boss 302  (Read 2308 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Plugging the Boss 302
« on: January 01, 2022, 03:42:17 PM »
Creative idea that works or am I being a moron?  Be cruel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkFy_lOn7h4
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Plugging the Boss 302
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 03:57:59 PM »
That's a car for Penticostal's revival meetings on Friday nights behind the store but don't forget to wear your red bow tie and tux. Patten leather shoes too.

Mean enough? If not I'll need some more time to get all psyched up. Contrary to what you might think, it doesn't come naturally to me.

I didn't want to make it personal?  8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 04:57:18 PM »
I've heard and read meaner, but not bad.  Question persists though whether it works.  I should look up the logistics of condensation.  Warm air meets cold air and so on.

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 04:58:24 PM »
The water is formed by burning of fuel,not condensation. Many cars have holes to drain water that forms in cold exhaust………

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 07:00:37 PM »
I've heard and read meaner, but not bad.  Question persists though whether it works.  I should look up the logistics of condensation.  Warm air meets cold air and so on.

I can try harder but it will just upset me. ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 08:04:41 PM »
It’s jusr water……… ::)

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2022, 08:33:13 AM »
Burning 1 gallon of gasoline produces 1.52 gallons of water. How this is calculated:1 gallon of gasoline weights 8.66lbs, of which 1.4 lbs is Hydrogen, as gasoline contains 16% Hydrogen and 84% carbon by weight.This assumes gasoline has the chemical formula of C8H18, the same as Octane.Water is 11% Hydrogen and 89% Oxygen by weight. One gallon of water weights 8.35lbs, and contains .92 lbs of Hydrogen, and 7.43 lbs of oxygen.Therefore since hydrogen burned or in, equals hydrogen out after combustion, therefore 1.4 lbs of hydrogen burned, equals 1.4 lbs of hydrogen in the H20 or water created in combustion. By weight, 1.4 lbs of hydrogen divided by the weight of .92 lbs of hydrogen in water, equals 1.52. So 1.4 lbs of hydrogen in 1 gallon of gasoline, is converted to more gallons of water because gasoline contains more hydrogen per gallon, then does water.

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2022, 12:02:40 PM »
Obviously he hasn't seen the effect of inserting a banana up the tail pipe.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2022, 12:26:00 PM »
Burning 1 gallon of gasoline produces 1.52 gallons of water. How this is calculated:1 gallon of gasoline weights 8.66lbs, of which 1.4 lbs is Hydrogen, as gasoline contains 16% Hydrogen and 84% carbon by weight.This assumes gasoline has the chemical formula of C8H18, the same as Octane.Water is 11% Hydrogen and 89% Oxygen by weight. One gallon of water weights 8.35lbs, and contains .92 lbs of Hydrogen, and 7.43 lbs of oxygen.Therefore since hydrogen burned or in, equals hydrogen out after combustion, therefore 1.4 lbs of hydrogen burned, equals 1.4 lbs of hydrogen in the H20 or water created in combustion. By weight, 1.4 lbs of hydrogen divided by the weight of .92 lbs of hydrogen in water, equals 1.52. So 1.4 lbs of hydrogen in 1 gallon of gasoline, is converted to more gallons of water because gasoline contains more hydrogen per gallon, then does water.
That is extremely interesting. I learned something today. My question then is whether the water that condenses in the exhaust pipes is water after the engine is shut off and the pipes cool. I would think that the heat of the burnt exhaust prevents water accumulating from any burning of fuel and that the water in the exhaust is the result of external factors and not as the result of the fuel formula. The expelled water I was able to trace to the side exhaust on the car. I saw it dripping from those ports

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2022, 04:47:04 PM »
1 gallon of gasoline weights 8.66lbs,................

Maybe I missed the context of this, but I think we're a little heavy here?   ???

But I think, 8.66 cu. ft. (+/-) is the volume of one pound of L.P.   :-\

But then again, maybe I'm wrong?!   ::)

Scott.

67350#1242

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2022, 01:42:00 PM »
Even more amazing.......
Burning 1 gallon of gasoline produces 20 pounds of carbon dioxide.
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/contentincludes/co2_inc.htm
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB