News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67400F7A02882 on BAT

Started by 5s386, January 01, 2022, 08:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Looks like the seller thought BaT was going to be a 'no brainer' and that big $$ was going to flow in.  Saying you are "new to this" doesn't get you off the hook for providing pertinent information about a car that is expected to sell in the six figure range.  He would have been smart to hire someone like Vern Estes to coordinate the auction for him.

For the record:

1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 4-Speed

This 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 fastback was delivered new to Jeff Allen Motors of Denville, New Jersey, and is one of 2,048 fastback examples produced for the model year. The car is finished in Lime Gold over a black interior, and power comes from a replacement 427ci side-oiler V8 with twin four-barrel carburetors mated to a four-speed manual transmission. Additional equipment includes white rocker and center stripes, 10-spoke aluminum wheels, front disc brakes, power steering, the Extra Cooling Package, a tachometer, and a push-button AM radio. The seller acquired the car partially refurbished in 2016, and the remaining work commissioned by the seller consists of installing the engine, reassembling the car, and replacing the clutch, shifter, and tires. This Shelby GT500 is offered with a deluxe Marti Report, an award, and a New Jersey title in the seller's name.

This Shelby Fastback was reportedly repainted in its factory shade of Lime Gold with white center and rocker stripes as part of a refurbishment completed in 2017. Chrome trim adorns the rear bumper and front facia, and additional features include a vented fiberglass hood and nose extension, a fiberglass trunk lid, horizontal sequential taillights, functional brake ducts in the rear quarter panels, and a dual-outlet exhaust. The seller notes evidence of corrosion beneath the paint on the passenger-side quarter panel.

The 15″ 10-spoke aluminum wheels were optioned from the factory and wear Goodyear Speedway white-letter tires. The power-assisted braking system features discs up front and drums out back, and power steering was fitted from the factory.

The cabin is trimmed in black vinyl with matching carpets along with brushed aluminum accents on the dash and door panels. A Shelby-Specific roll bar is fitted, and additional equipment includes the Courtesy Light Group, three-point front seatbelts, a fold-down rear seat, and a push-button AM radio. The seller notes that the parking brake light remains illuminated when the brake is not applied.

The wood-rimmed steering wheel is fitted with a Shelby horn button and fronts a 140-mph speedometer and a tachometer with a 6k-rpm redline. Stewart Warner gauges indicating oil pressure and amperage are mounted beneath the radio. The five-digit odometer shows 75k miles, approximately 100 of which have been added by the seller. Total mileage is unknown.

The replacement 427ci side-oiler V8 was rebuilt under prior ownership and installed as part of the refurbishment completed in 2017. Fueling is provided by two four-barrel carburetors, and additional equipment includes a Cobra air cleaner, finned valve covers, and the optional Extra Cooling Package. The seller states that the starter was replaced in 2017 and the carburetor was adjusted in 2020.

Power is sent to the rear wheels via a four-speed manual transmission. Additional underside images can be referenced in the image gallery.

The Deluxe Marti report shows initial delivery to Jeff Allen Motors of Denville, New Jersey, and lists equipment and production statistics.

The New Jersey title lists a "Not The Actual Mileage" brand.

BaT Essentials
Lot #63005
Seller: Tmedia
Chassis: 67400F7A02882
75k Miles Shown, TMU
427ci Side-Oiler V8
Twin Four-Barrel Carburetors
Four-Speed Manual Transmission
Lime Gold Paint
Black Interior
White Rocker & Center Stripes
10-Spoke Aluminum Wheels
Front Disc Brakes
Power Steering
Extra Cooling Package
Fold-Down Rear Seat
Tachometer
Push-Button AM Radio
Deluxe Marti Report
Private Party Or Dealer: Private Party
Model Pages: Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500, Ford Mustang 1967-1968
Category: American

Current bid $125,000 ends in 5 Days.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

gumby74

I totally agree. The seller is way over his head and definitely seems to have the Jekyll & Hyde persona. And he seems to get some sympathy from users. Should have hired someone knowledgeable with Shelbys to sell the car for him. I see this ending in RNM. oldcanuck and shelbymann70 tried to help him ... he is too stubborn for his own good.

Tired Sheep

Personally I think BAT is doing a disservice to its customers

I agree there is an awful lot of people on there trying to look important that have no interest in ever buying the car. Who gives AF what your opinion of the color is or what dealer it was shipped to?

Usual suspects with nothing but time on their hands and no intention of purchase.  Don't like the BAT format.

Jon

PS.  I will say the goofiest shifter bezel mash up I have ever seen.

Shelby4Life

I asked for pics of the aprons above the shock towers, where they typically rust at the overlap.

He added pictures of the shocks from under the car.

I didn't have the energy to re-ask, and re-explain.
1967 Sprint 289 Auto, Deluxe, AC.
1967 S Code GTA Deluxe, AC.
2004 Gated 6-speed Ferrari 360.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Shelby4Life on January 05, 2022, 10:16:58 PM
I asked for pics of the aprons above the shock towers, where they typically rust at the overlap.

He added pictures of the shocks from under the car.

I didn't have the energy to re-ask, and re-explain.
If you look at one pic you can see what appears to be a welded patch in one area .look at pic 85 and you can see what appears to be a patch  Yeah, I chimed in to help Bob and he attacked me like he did Bob. At least I have gotten some encouraging messages and emails from fellow Batters that we did nothing wrong. Bob is locked out from commenting on this auction. I am disappointed that BaT would do that. I think he should post verification that at least the DS apron stamp is there. I think Dave Mathews should know he tried using a quote vaguely like it was confirmation. Since he left the VIN on the Marti I have it and it is in the pic provided here.  . What irritates me the most are the suck azzes that snuggle up to the seller when others ask important questions the seller appears not to like and chime in against the askers. I'm no expert on 67s but know enough about other aspects of these 67s to ask pertinent questions if need be. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

Quote from: 1175 on January 05, 2022, 08:52:54 PM
Usual suspects with nothing but time on their hands and no intention of purchase.  Don't like the BAT format.

Jon

Well Jon, some of the usual suspects are helping others that have asked for help to determine if they want to bid on a particular car. In this case Old Canuck had a west coast collector who asked Bob a lot of question and some he could answer by what was on auction others he asked the seller. Maybe BaT isn't for you then.  Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

gumby74

Usual suspects with nothing but time on their hands and no intention of purchase.  Don’t like the BAT format.

Jon

1. You have no idea who or who does not have the intention of purchasing. Just as you have no idea who is acting on behalf of actual purchasers.

2. As far as BaT format - you don't like it, but many of us do. The seller chose to post his car on the site, so why should he complain about the format? He claimed that he didn't know what BaT was all about. Perhaps he should have pulled the listing.

67 GT350

SO, if I do NOT ask any questionS, I am considered a serious buyer?
That makes as much sense as.....well this country has no sense anymore....
RARE  Signature Delete

shelbydoug

I think the reasonable answer is that advertising in any form is just to find interested purchasers and that if you are interested in buying a car YOU NEED TO LOOK AT IN PERSON.

SAME AS IT EVER WAS!

A car is worth what you can sell it for on the day that you sell it.

Why argue here over this? Serious buyers will go look at it and make an offer?

Like someone is going to slide their card and it is deposited out of a vending machine? Nope. It doesn't happen that way.

::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

oldcanuck

Quote from: gumby74 on January 06, 2022, 09:30:27 AM

Jon

1. You have no idea who or who does not have the intention of purchasing. Just as you have no idea who is acting on behalf of actual purchasers.

2. As far as BaT format - you don't like it, but many of us do. The seller chose to post his car on the site, so why should he complain about the format? He claimed that he didn't know what BaT was all about. Perhaps he should have pulled the listing.

You are exactly right..... BTW welcome to the Forum !

Bottom line is....."You cant help people, that wont help themselves."   If you are not going to verify anything, we should take you at your word ?  Sorry Jerry.... it doesn't work that way anymore. 

Go back and look at the whole list on comments...... this seller wants you to believe his car is woth more because of an engine swap, he wants you to beleive that Lime Gold is a much more rare and desirable color than Nightmist Blue.... etc, etc, etc.  This is a guy who couldn't even validate his own steering wheel.  If this car was so much more desirable than the other one.... why not sell it ?
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

gumby74

Thanks for the welcome, @oldcanuck! I agree with your points 100%.

To @shelbydoug: This is a forum, last I checked. We are having an open discussion. Seems fitting.

shelbydoug

Quote from: gumby74 on January 06, 2022, 11:56:00 AM

To @shelbydoug: This is a forum, last I checked. We are having an open discussion. Seems fitting.

OK. No one is stopping you.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbymann1970

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 06, 2022, 11:57:20 AM
Quote from: gumby74 on January 06, 2022, 11:56:00 AM

OK. No one is stopping you.
I'd venture some would want some simple questions answered at least before buying a plane ticket and flying across the country to look at a car. I agree 100 percent it is imperative to look at a car in person or have someone you trust do it but what is the point of someone flying from Calif to Pa and the guy won't reveal the Ford number stamps to you? Or you get there and find out the 427 in it really isn't a 427 and you had plans for that engine or just wanted to leave it in there?  I'd like to think you would do due diligence beforehand before flying a few thousand miles to look at a car. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990